Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranger School Check Please

Thanks

Default Ranger School Check Please

This is an interesting one. A client of mine claims to have gone through Ranger school. This by itself is not too surprising, but here is the rest of his story.
    He claims he enlisted as 11B. Went to OSUT and then Jump School at Benning. So far so good. Then he claims to have gone directly from BAC to Pathfinder School- now the red light goes off in my head. THEN-he just can't help himself- he says he went directly from Pathfinder to Ranger School. I don't know much, but I do not see Mother Army spending this kind of $$$ on a cherry enlistee. After Ranger school he was stationed at Campbell with the 101st.
    His service dates are 1982-1986 and his name is Rod (short for Rodney?) Smith.
    If anybody here has access to the RTB class roosters it would be great to clear this up.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dave
    If you are the only one who can keep his head while everyone around you is loosing theirs, then perhaps you have misunderstood the situation.

Thanks

Default Re: Ranger School Check Please

One of our Rangers will probably swing by and grab this up....in the mean time ask him for his Roster Number and Ranger School class

This can pin it down pretty quickly
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/yrualeg1/sigpic787_4gif-2.gif

Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people, Back to the beginning! Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla! Where the brave may live forever!

Thanks

The only way to get to RS is when your unit thinks you're ready to go. Pre-Ranger courses are set up in every unit to prepare the man for RS. Even OCS prepares the men for the course.

He's full of shit.

RLTW
    Bell
    C Co., 1st 75th, 80-81. RS 5-81

I earned my Black Beret!!!!

All days are good. Some are better than others though....

If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bell View Post
    The only way to get to RS is when your unit thinks you're ready to go. Pre-Ranger courses are set up in every unit to prepare the man for RS. Even OCS prepares the men for the course.

He's full of shit.

RLTW
    Bell
    That is exactly my understanding.
    If you are the only one who can keep his head while everyone around you is loosing theirs, then perhaps you have misunderstood the situation.

Thanks

I have heard of folks picking up pathfinder school while in BAC. As for Ranger...I'll defer on that one.

Could he have gone to RIP perhaps?

**2006 APO NCAA Bracket Champion
    **2007 APO NFL FFL Champion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VoTrooper99 View Post
    I have heard of folks picking up pathfinder school while in BAC. As for Ranger...I'll defer on that one.

Could he have gone to RIP perhaps?
    No, that was my first thought and I gave him that "out" by asking if he was talking about RIP and then time with a Bat, but he was very sure of himself as he explained that he went directly to RS. Thanks for the Pathfinder tip though, I had never heard of that one.

Thanks

I can attest for the Pathfinder thing, when I was in BAC in "86" they asked everyone toward the end of the class if they wanted to apply for PF or RIP that they need to do so now while they were still at Benning, but as far as RS, I am a 13B gun bunny and even I know that you dont go to RS right out of OSUT & BAC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yrualeg View Post
    One of our Rangers will probably swing by and grab this up....in the mean time ask him for his Roster Number and Ranger School class

This can pin it down pretty quickly
    I'll check him out as soon as you can get us this info.
    You can't train for a kick in the balls!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Heathen View Post
    I'll check him out as soon as you can get us this info.
    I asked for his class number and got that pause on the phone that tells him I know he's full of shit, and tells me he his story is BS. I have already looked through the class photos, but he is much larger now than he would have been in 82-83.
    Is there a complete list of Ranger school graduates out there somewhere to confirm what I (we) already know? Or do I punt this to the boys ar Armyranger.com and let them eat him up?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
    I asked for his class number and got that pause on the phone that tells him I know he's full of shit, and tells me he his story is BS. I have already looked through the class photos, but he is much larger now than he would have been in 82-83.
    Is there a complete list of Ranger school graduates out there somewhere to confirm what I (we) already know? Or do I punt this to the boys ar Armyranger.com and let them eat him up?
    Hold on Cowboy! Welcome to the site. Unless you are a member in good standing and have been around ar.com for a good while, I would let the Rangers on this website handle it. The Rangers hanging out here are also hanging out at AR.com. The Ranger community as you already know is pretty small. They can find out. Hell, we even busted a guy posing as an Air Force pararescueman.

I can tell you from experience that some of the Rangers over there want to get to know you for a while before you start asking them for favors. And rightly so, we are the same way...

Just my .02.

BTW-Where the hell in NORCAL are you?? You know where Ukiah is?
    Zulu-

Thanks

Who the fuck do you think does the Tab checks at AR?

Tell you what...sit down and relax and let us get to know you. Then you can ask for favors.
    Or...punt it to the "boys" and get it punted right fucking back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zuluzerosix View Post
    Hold on Cowboy! Welcome to the site. Unless you are a member in good standing and have been around ar.com for a good while, I would let the Rangers on this website handle it. The Rangers hanging out here are also hanging out at AR.com. The Ranger community as you already know is pretty small. They can find out. Hell, we even busted a guy posing as an Air Force pararescueman.

I can tell you from experience that some of the Rangers over there want to get to know you for a while before you start asking them for favors. And rightly so, we are the same way...

Just my .02.

Yeah...what he said.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zuluzerosix View Post

Just my .02.

Fair enough. I will sit back and watch the clusters burst.
    As for NorCal, I bounce between a house in Walnut Creek and some property outside of Grass Valley and yes, I have been through Ukiah during my travels.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Heathen View Post
    Who the fuck do you think does the Tab checks at AR?

Tell you what...sit down and relax and let us get to know you. Then you can ask for favors.
    Or...punt it to the "boys" and get it punted right fucking back.
    As was posted above. Fair enough, I will sit back and let you run with it. And until now I had no fucking idea who did tab checks at AR, but thanks for clearing it up

Thanks

As was posted above. Fair enough, I will sit back and let you run with it. And until now I had no fucking idea who did tab checks at AR, but thanks for clearing it up
    Lemme clue you in here..that's not how you ask for favors. How the fuck do you expect me to run with it? I asked for a class date.

Don't respond just pull up some debris and get comfy but don't bring this subject up again. I've just checked across the street and as of yet you have zero posts. When you finally do post...well fuck it you're a big boy. Do what the fuck you like.