Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Verify if someone was a SEAL?

Thanks

Default How to Verify if someone was a SEAL?

So...I am at my daughters house for a BBQ.Albuquerque. She had some friends from work, and one was spouting all this BS about being a Navy SEAL. :shock:

Well...you know me......I started asking him a few questions, and all his answers turned to shit.

I asked him about where he went to Jump School, and he immediately starts hesitating.

So I say, "You went to Benning right?"

"Yeah" he says. "Yeah......Benning."

Another guy says, "That's near Columbus right?"

And this guy pipes up with, "Yeah, Columbus.... I hated Ohio! It was too far from the ocean for me!" :shock:

"No", I said......"it's Columbus, Georgia" "Are you sure you went to Jump School at Fort Benning?"

"Yeah" he said, "Right, Fort Benning, Georgia". Then he starts to look at me funny.

"Well" is said, "If you went to Fort Benning for Jump School, what state did you land in when you jumped?"

All these stupid lawyers standing around looked at me funny, wondering why I was grilling this guy like he was on the witness stand. :shock:

This is when it dawns on him that I am testing him......So he says to me,
    "Well, we just went to the Jump School there, but we did our jumps in California, at a secret training base in the desert!"

Well......it was my daughters party, and all of her friends from work.....so I just turned and walked away silently.

I knew something was funny when he didn't recognize that I was wearing my Purple Heart as a bolo tie. He actually walked up to me and said, "I like your bolo tie....what is that....George Washington?"

And I am going to bust this self righteous, pussy, asshole lawyer out!

I am going to verify that he was never a Navy SEAL....and I am going to send him a personal e-mail just to tell him what he is doing is reprehensible and disrespectful to the Navy SEALS, and also to anyone who has worn a uniform in defense of our country.

I read somewhere, on this site or another, a link to find out if someone claiming to be a SEAL is real.

Anybody remember that site, or where to start?

Thanks

Default Re: How to Verify if someone was a Seal?

Quote Originally Posted by Skysoldier
    So...I am at my daughters house for a BBQ. My daughter works for the US Attorney's office here in Albuquerque. She had some friends from work, and one was spouting all this BS about being a Navy SEAL. :shock:

Well...you know me......I started asking him a few questions, and all his answers turned to shit.

I asked him about where he went to Jump School, and he immediately starts hesitating.

So I say, "You went to Benning right?"

"Yeah" he says. "Yeah......Benning."

Another guy says, "That's near Columbus right?"

And this guy pipes up with, "Yeah, Columbus.... I hated Ohio! It was too far from the ocean for me!" :shock:

"No", I said......"it's Columbus, Georgia" "Are you sure you went to Jump School at Fort Benning?"

"Yeah" he said, "Right, Fort Benning, Georgia". Then he starts to look at me funny.

"Well" is said, "If you went to Fort Benning for Jump School, what state did you land in when you jumped?"

All these stupid lawyers standing around looked at me funny, wondering why I was grilling this guy like he was on the witness stand. :shock:

This is when it dawns on him that I am testing him......So he says to me,
    "Well, we just went to the Jump School there, but we did our jumps in California, at a secret training base in the desert!"

Well......it was my daughters party, and all of her friends from work.....so I just turned and walked away silently.

I knew something was funny when he didn't recognize that I was wearing my Purple Heart as a bolo tie.

And I am going to bust this self righteous, pussy, asshole lawyer out!

I am going to verify that he was never a Navy SEAL....and I am going to send him a personal e-mail just to tell him what he is doing is reprehensible and disrespectful to anyone who has worn the uniform.

I read somewhere, on this site or another, a link to find out if someone claiming to be a SEAL is real.

Anybody remember that site, or where to start?

http://veriseal.org/about.html

Here is the place to start on the quest for SEAL Verification
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/yrualeg1/sigpic787_4gif-2.gif

Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people, Back to the beginning! Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla! Where the brave may live forever!

Thanks

Or SOCnet, they have people in the NSW SEAL forum that can quickly make that determination. They may have someone who would like to meet him as well.

Considering his answers I have little doubt already, but the real deals might be interested in his position with the attorneys office and his resume. Doesn't look good for a States Attorneys office to have a liar working for it.

If you'd like pm me his name and I'll forward along with a short version of your post.
    The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved. - Confucius

Thanks

SF....PM inbound

Thanks

Yes, definitely SOCNET. They can check with a quickness, as long as you have a name.

Thanks

There is absolutely no way that guy is a SEAL. If he is putting that crap on his resume to get a job with the Gov't he should be disbarred and prosecuted!

Riamh Nar dhruid O sbairn lan
    (Never Retreat From The Clash of Spears)

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    Psalm 144:1

NRA Lifetime member

GLOBAL WARMING DENIER!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 23LRS
    There is absolutely no way that guy is a SEAL. If he is putting that crap on his resume to get a job with the Gov't he should be disbarred and prosecuted!
    My thoughts exactly!

Thanks

SF....PM inbound
    Recieved, sent and reply in your pm box.
    The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved. - Confucius

Thanks

You could email Charlie Sheen; he's a "real deal" Navy SEAL... so was Mr. Rogers and John Denver. SEALs, jeeze, when will these guys learn.
    D Co. (LRSD) 101 MI
    92-95

C Co. 3-325 ABCT
    Scouts, HHC 1-508
    95-98

Thanks

Just to update you guy's.............looks like I was totally off base here.

He checks out......and I owe him an apology for testing him. I guess the beers must have muddled his recall of Ft Benning. And The beers I had didn't help either.

I will be calling him this morning with a heartfelt apology, and am starting my pushups now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Q-TIP
    You could email Charlie Sheen; he's a "real deal" Navy SEAL... so was Mr. Rogers and John Denver. SEALs, jeeze, when will these guys learn.
    I watched the SEAL shows on the Military Channel last night, does that qualify me to be a SEAL?

Riamh Nar dhruid O sbairn lan
    (Never Retreat From The Clash of Spears)

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    Psalm 144:1

NRA Lifetime member

GLOBAL WARMING DENIER!!!

Thanks

Just to update you guy's.............looks like I was totally off base here.

He checks out......and I owe him an apology for testing him. I guess the beers must have muddled his recall of Ft Benning. And The beers I had didn't help either.

I will be calling him this morning with a heartfelt apology, and am starting my pushups now.
    Shit happens. He should at least care that folks still give a shit about posers.

Thanks

I guess that was another fine example of a lawyer having diarrha of the mouth!!! :D :D
    You can take the boy out of Cajun Country

but you can't take Cajun Country out of the boy

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!!

Thanks

How did he check out????? I feel robbed here. What happened did you use the SEAL site?
    Zulu-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 23LRS
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-TIP
    I watched the SEAL shows on the Military Channel last night, does that qualify me to be a SEAL?
    Yeah!!!! Of course it does man; everybody knows that. You watched that show so you're a SEAL now; simple. I mean, I watched Platoon and full Metal Jacket so I'm obviously a hard-core, 1000 yard stare havin', two tour Vietnam Vet now.

Oh, but to make it all legit, don't forget to buy some cool pins and wear them on an old BDU shirt or commercial boonie hat; that's what really makes you hard. After that, yoou can walk around the mall and mad-dog the civvies.
    D Co. (LRSD) 101 MI
    92-95

C Co. 3-325 ABCT
    Scouts, HHC 1-508
    95-98