Thread: School bus accident

School bus accident

Yesterday, my daughter's friend was hit by a school bus on the way to school. My daughter was across the street and witnessed the whole thing.

His mother has set up a go fund me account and I hope it's ok to share it here.
    Connor has had the first of many surgeries yesterday and is still facing a long road ahead.
    If you can help with anything it would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/x6k8d7-medical-fund

http://wcti12.com/news/local/16-year...-by-school-bus
    On the 8th day, God created Paratroopers.
    And the devil stood at attention.

Prayers outbound

I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country Victory or Death. William Barrett Travis.

Boldly going nowhere. Zimmy

Up date on Connor.

Updates 2
    Update 2
    Posted by Beverly Isenhart
    13 hours ago

Finally got checked into the House and got that much needed shower. Got unpacked and clothes put away. I tried to lay down, but couldn't sleep. And I forgot to pack my melatonin and sleeping pills, so it's going to be a long night. The nurses are working with Connor now, upping meds and including morphine drip. He's becoming more aware and the pain is too much for him to bear. Hence the increase. He's also been placed back on the cooling pads to keep body temp down. He's always been hot natured. Looking at Him right now and he's agitated by what the nurse did with the breathing tube, but once it was over Connor settled right back down. I got to watch him wiggle his toes under the sheet, so that's a great sign.
    Last edited by AirborneBrat; 02-11-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Awesome! Be careful your daughter isn't lost in the mix - witnessing that had to be traumatic for her.
    It's what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Standing Ready View Post
    Awesome! Be careful your daughter isn't lost in the mix - witnessing that had to be traumatic for her.
    Yea. The first night it happened she couldn't sleep at all. She said everytime she closed her eyes all she could she was him getting hit.

She also feels really guilty because she is certified in CPR but says she couldn't do anything to help him except call 911.

Prayers sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A-3-505 PIR (96-98)
    B-2-121 INF (Iraq 05)
    B-1-118 INF (Afghanistan 07)

Evidently he didn't need CPR so she should be alright. He did need 911 and she got that for him. Two thumbs up!

Prayers inbound.

[QUOTE=Jeff82;5686]Evidently he didn't need CPR so she should be alright. He did need 911 and she got that for him. Two thumbs up!

I told her that. I told her if someone at lunch was choking on food that would be one thing. With the injuries Connor had her inexperience could have done more harm than good if she moved him in any way.

She is feeling better now.
    Connor had three more surgeries the other day.
    One to put steal plates in his face, another to put skin from a different part of his body on his face, and another to put a steal rod in his leg.
    Bri and some of her friends are planning to go up to the hospital Friday after school.

They went to visit Connor last night.
    When they told him Bri was there he started wiggling his feet under the blanket, so he was aware that she was there.

Bri said he squeezed her had and she described him as "partially awake". received_10208413587735864.jpg

Prayers sent