Thread: Online Travel Agencies

RH is offline "The Lorax"
    Association Staff
    Thanks

Default Online Travel Agencies

WARNING...

DON'T USE Travelocity to book or make reservations. I booked a flight through them with Delta airlines last March for an August flight. I am no longer able to use the reservation, called Travelocity today to cancel (2 and 1/2 months away from flight), was told that it was best to keep reservation (even though I WILL NOT be using it), told I can't get a refund or credit, and have been put on/off hold for over an hour with a Travelocity customer service supervisor. This is ridiculous as Delta / Travelocity are attempting to keep ALL my money, and will probably re-book the seat for double the price to someone else...How is this an acceptable practice...?

I understand that there would be a penalty fee...
    BUT, A NO REFUND OR CREDIT for the full or partial dollar amount !?
    I have used several of these online booking agencies with no issues for many years, but, have never had to change or cancel a reservation until today.

Resolution was: A Travalocity coupon for one third the price of the airline ticket issued to me (which cancels in 1 year if not used).

Unacceptable customer service !!!!

I will no longer use Travelocity or fly Delta Airlines !

I fear that technology will surpass our human interaction.
    The world will have a generation of idiots.

Albert Einstein

Thanks

Default Re: Online Travel Agencies

Quote Originally Posted by RH View Post
    WARNING...

DON'T USE Travelocity to book or make reservations. I booked a flight through them with Delta airlines last March for an August flight. I am no longer able to use the reservation, called Travelocity today to cancel (2 and 1/2 months away from flight), was told that it was best to keep reservation (even though I WILL NOT be using it), told I can't get a refund or credit, and have been put on/off hold for over an hour with a Travelocity customer service supervisor. This is ridiculous as Delta / Travelocity are attempting to keep ALL my money, and will probably re-book the seat for double the price to someone else...How is this an acceptable practice...?

I understand that there would be a penalty fee...
    BUT, A NO REFUND OR CREDIT for the full or partial dollar amount !?
    I have used several of these online booking agencies with no issues for many years, but, have never had to change or cancel a reservation until today.

Resolution was: A Travalocity coupon for one third the price of the airline ticket issued to me (which cancels in 1 year if not used).

Unacceptable customer service !!!!

I will no longer use Travelocity or fly Delta Airlines !

Keep bitching up the chain of command in the customer service area. You may get somewhere eventually.....Travelocity has to maintain a reputation by reviews.

Put Travelocity Reviews in the title of this thread title and see where it pops up on google.

Here's the Delta Airlines webpage link:

https://www.delta.com/

Here's the Travelocity webpage link:

https://www.travelocity.com/?semcid=...78281552713p6&
    Last edited by Zimmy; 05-15-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible and die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor and that of his country. VICTORY or DEATH.
    William Barret Travis

11M1PC2/KG5CDZ

Thanks

Dont seem so bad. United would've fucking monkey stomped your ass.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbnJack For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Also, Delta has changed how they handle passengers flying with a firearm.
    https://www.ammoland.com/2017/03/del...#axzz4hG1AnIIK

I recently flew with a firearm on United and didn't have any problem. (I was very polite!)
    www.TheInfantryStore.com
    "Follow Me! Let's Go! All the Way! Airborne!!"

MOΛΩN ΛABE!

82d AG Co., '82-'83
    B Co., 1(A), 325th Inf Rgt, '83-'85
    www.facebook.com/TheInfantryStore

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
    Also, Delta has changed how they handle passengers flying with a firearm.
    https://www.ammoland.com/2017/03/del...#axzz4hG1AnIIK

I recently flew with a firearm on United and didn't have any problem. (I was very polite!)
    I read the Ammoland article about Delta. I personally don't see the big deal about the marking method. One has to place a unloaded firearm in a lockable hard-case as checked luggage. The photo shows a green hand/carry-on bag with a zip-tie across the opening. I assume, inside the bag contains the firearm hard-case. It might be overkill to zip-tie the outer-bags opening, but I also don't see it as being a big deal. I also don't have a problem with an airline strapping a sticker that denotes "Check and Give Protection To".

Thanks

It pisses me off. If I want to shoot up an airport I'm gonna do it. Straps aren't gonna stop me. This only inconveniences the good guys. Doesn't make a hill of beans to the bad. Now I gotta bum a knife off of someone at the hotel because noone at the airport has a knife!
    Putting a sticker on the outside of a bag degrades the whole point of why they went to internal signs to begin with: the thieves they had a problem with were airline employees! John Q. Public can't get your bag unless you're not at the carousel. So now marking the bags again simply reestablishes an old problem.

Common sense is taking a hit here.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
    www.TheInfantryStore.com
    "Follow Me! Let's Go! All the Way! Airborne!!"

MOΛΩN ΛABE!

82d AG Co., '82-'83
    B Co., 1(A), 325th Inf Rgt, '83-'85
    www.facebook.com/TheInfantryStore