Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TOM CRUISE My Job's As Hard As FIGHTING IN AFGHANISTAN

Thanks

Default Re: TOM CRUISE My Job's As Hard As FIGHTING IN AFGHANISTAN

That little snot nosed turd calling himself something he'll never be just boggles the mind.
    "Lobotomy means never having to say you're sorry."

Tom Servo, Mystery Science Theater 3000

Thanks

Oh yeah, he's "just like the Infantry..."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Who cares what he says. He's from Hollyweird.

Why tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at deaths door?
    The more I know, the more I know I don't know.
    If not you then who?
    *2009 APO NFL FFL Champion
    *2011 APO NFL FFL Champion
    *2013 APO NFL FFL Champion

Thanks

What an asshole. Comparing making movies to serving in Afghan. egotistical SOB.

Thanks

Dudes an ass pirate! The only reason he got any hot bitches is because of the arranged shit through "the church".
    "If you can't communicate, you can't command"
    Student: What if my main parachute doesn't open?
    Black Hat: You will immediately deploy your reserve parachute.
    Student: What if my reserve parachute doesn't open?
    Black Hat: You have the rest of your Airborne life to think about it.

Thanks

I'm rollin on the floor laughin my ass off. I can't believe he crapped such a turd from his mouth. Being an actor is tougher than I thought. I wonder how many jump ins from 15 ft with a 100 lb ruck he has had to do while under fire. Give me a break Tom. Maybe he needs more Dianetics.

Thanks

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11...bat/?hpt=hp_t2

Los Angeles, California (CNN) - The headlines have irritated and outraged veterans and service members and their families around the world."Tom Cruise: making movies is like serving in Afghanistan," said one of the headlines buzzing around social media and patriotic websites this weekend.One problem: that's not quite what he said.

I normally don't pay much attention to this kind of story, but on this Veterans Day weekend a lot of veterans and their families have expressed outrage to me about this quote. So I looked into it. The comments originate from a deposition in Cruise's libel suit against Bauer Publishing, a magazine publisher, which he accuses of charging him with abandoning the daughter he had with Katie Holmes.
    Celebrity news site TMZ.com reported, "'Tom says his location shoots are just like serving a tour in Afghanistan." The website then quoted Cruise saying, "That's what it feels like. And certainly on this last movie, it was brutal. It was brutal." Reading the relevant excerpts of the deposition shows that Cruise's comments reveal a different story. The comments come in a section of the deposition where Cruise is being asked about time he has spent away from daughter Suri, either because of film or other commitments.
    "Now your counsel has publicly equated your absence from Suri for these extended periods of time as being analogous to someone fighting in Afghanistan," opposing counsel asks him. "Are you aware of that?" I didn't hear the Afghanistan," Cruise replies. "That's what it feels like and certainly on this last movie it was brutal. it was brutal."
    "Do you believe that the situations are the same?" Cruise is asked.
    "Oh come on," Cruise says, "you know, we're making a movie."

Cruise's attorney, Bert Fields, tells CNN in a statement, "Headlines stating he equated his job with those in the military are demonstrably false. They are a distortion of what is provable and on the record." "Tom is a staunch supporter of our troops and does not feel that making a movie is even remotely comparable to fighting in Afghanistan and said so in plain English," Fields said.
    Certainly being away from your child because you're a movie star on location cannot be compared to the absence a soldier in a war zone might feel for a child, not knowing whether the surrounding dangers might mean he or she never sees the child again - though depths of emotion are difficult to debate.
    But in the deposition, Cruise quite clearly suggests he does not think making a movie is the same as fighting a war.

Thanks

You guys certainly know how to breed them. Not that we aren't without our own. POS
    Quote Originally Posted by IEDmagnet View Post
    If I needed another reason to absolutely hate Tom Cruise, you just provided it. What a crock of crap Tom! I can't even formulate a coherent response to this shit because it pissed me off so bad.
    Ex Alto Vincimus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RH View Post
    Over about a 5 year span, I have learned to dislike Tom and all his "I'm better than thou" attitude.

So much so that I have even bypassed renting or watching any of his movies...
    no matter how good/popular they are.

He can go fuck himself as far as I'm concerned.
    You said it best brother! I'm with you!

Thanks

Just another washed up Hollywood asshole trying to satisfy his ego. Wonder why Katie Holmes kicked his ass to the curb?

Thanks

What a frigging jerk-off. He has no idea what he's rattling on about. Typical hollywood asshole.
    "Get out of that door you Goddamn piece of shit" and than I felt the kick of the boot on my skinny ass and the small of my back-it broke my grasp of the tower door and out I went screaming like a little girl.

Thanks

Well, from what Retired Trooper posted, it was blown out of proportion and completely taken out of context. Still don't like him, the last movie he was in that I actually enjoyed was Jack Reacher, and if it wasn't for clever writers that would have been a crock of crap.

I still don't like him, and last I checked he was on the "Got Your 6" band wagon...which is nothing more than another chance for them to provide empty support to us so they can pat themselves on the back.
    "`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat:`we're all mad here.'"-
    Lewis Carroll

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks

Well, from what Retired Trooper posted, it was blown out of proportion and completely taken out of context. Still don't like him, the last movie he was in that I actually enjoyed was Jack Reacher, and if it wasn't for clever writers that would have been a crock of crap.

I still don't like him, and last I checked he was on the "Got Your 6" band wagon...which is nothing more than another chance for them to provide empty support to us so they can pat themselves on the back.

The so-called "explanation" looks more like back-tracking by Tom and his yes-men to me. Not like we haven't seen that happen before by either shithead celebrities or politicians...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Static-Line View Post
    The so-called "explanation" looks more like back-tracking by Tom and his yes-men to me. Not like we haven't seen that happen before by either shithead celebrities or politicians...
    Either way, my opinion of him hasn't improved or gotten worse. He's just another waste of skin with too much money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    "`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat:`we're all mad here.'"-
    Lewis Carroll

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks

Either way, my opinion of him hasn't improved or gotten worse. He's just another waste of skin with too much money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

AGREED!