Thread: Fat Cops (Trinity Texas)

Thanks

Default Fat Cops (Trinity Texas)

Wow.

So I was flipping through the channels last night and came across a semi new show on CMT. "Fat Cops". It is a small Police Department in Trinity Texas. Un fucking real.

I seriously don't know what to think. I feel this is an embarassment to LEO's every where. It is frustrating. Seriously, I just don't know what to think about this. I am all about good TV and funny shows, hell I even like some reality TV. But this show and Honey Boo Boo bullshit is just stupid fucking Television. I was able to sit thropugh about 10 minutes of Honey Boo Boo once. Never watched it again. Last night I watch a full episode of Fat Cops. Don't know if I can watch it again.

Anyone else seen this or have thoughts on it?

http://www.cmt.com/show/fat_cops/series.jhtml

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/07/wee...bout-fat-cops/
    FAVORITE POSTS:

"Dr. Phil is not a member of this site."

- Recondo82 -

"As far as religious beliefs go, my Labrador Retriever thinks I'm God; I hate to disappoint her."
    -Purple-

"Besides...the fallen speak to me at night and they told me to help you with that rucksack. Let them take a knee around you and pull security while you rest once in a while. They're still patrolling."
    -Kilted Heathen-

Thanks

Default Re: Fat Cops (Trinity Texas)

The People of Trinity need to get their shit together and demand that these fat cops be replaced if they don't get it together, it will bite them in the ass when it really matters and lives are on the line. As for the show, just an easy way for the department to make money and America to continue hating on those kooks freedom loving Texans

Thanks

All I can say I wow. We got rid of our last biggun' a while back when the Chief decided to enforce the PT standard around here.

Stupid TV....
    "`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat:`we're all mad here.'"-
    Lewis Carroll

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks

It's a semi affluent lake-front bedroom community for Houston.

Not much to worry about there.

KG5CDZ المتخلف اللص

Thanks

I saw about 5 minutes of it, got pissed off, and turned it off. What a joke.

**2006 APO NCAA Bracket Champion
    **2007 APO NFL FFL Champion

Thanks

Didn't see the show but some of the nicest cops I've met we're chubby. My brother could be considered a "fat cop".

Here is a story about him.
    http://chelmsford.patch.com/groups/a...mphoma-society
    E co 505 PIR
    D co 2/505 PIR
    HHC 1/87 10th Mountain
    MFer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IEDmagnet View Post
    All I can say I wow. We got rid of our last biggun' a while back when the Chief decided to enforce the PT standard around here.

Stupid TV....

Brings up a good question .. Should Police Officers be held to some physical standards similar to the military? Maybe only for Officers in the field (non-desk jobs)? Sounds like your department does (IED) but its clearly not universal. If not, does it put other officers at risk if an obese peer is unable to perform to standard?

It seems like a black and white issue philosophically but I know it can get grey when you get down to the individual. I had an E7 in the 82d that rode the line on weight/bodyfat and eventually was booted. They guy struggled on runs but was a tank in the field and could carry way more than his share without issue. He was SF and Ranger qualified and was an exceptional NCO in every way that seemed to matter and I recall thinking what a waste of training and experience it was booting the man.

Thanks

A PT standard yes, a body image standard no. One of my closest friends at the PD is a bigger guy, but he passes our PT test with flying colors and hasn't quit in a fight yet. I don't think we need military standards, but we have to be in shape.
    Lewis Carroll

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks

Physical fitness is part of being a professional. As someone in the public eye, they don't have to look like a bodybuilder....but they should at least look somewhat fit. No disgusting fat bodies.

But the final factor should be some type of fitness test.

RH is offline "The Lorax"
    Association Staff
    Thanks

Sad thing is...there are many Departments just like that.

I also agree with everyone's assessment on what the standard should be.
    I fear that technology will surpass our human interaction.
    The world will have a generation of idiots.

Albert Einstein

Thanks

We have 1 min. p/u, 1 min. s/u, 300m sprint, and 1.5 mile run. It's not required, but a small monetary incentive is offered for completion. It is mandatory for SWAT officers. About half the guys take and pass it. You get $1000 at top step for passing it three or more consecutive years. Currently, I am at the $1000 level. A grand for 45 minutes work...that's better money than a stripper!

Thanks

All that said...with a 60 man department we only have one genuine fat mess. We have another guy that is big, but he's an ox. You might beat him in a foot chase, but if he gets a paw on you, he'd break anyone.

Thanks

Sounds about like ours, but it is mandatory twice a year department wide. Major difference being the sprint, we have a ridiculous obstacle course, I say ridiculous because it's easy. We don't get a monetary reward per se, but in our policy you can be terminated for failing two. It has happened too.

Our SWAT PT test is the same with more stringent standards, almost like pistol Quals. The whole department does it quarterly, but HRT has to shoot 95% when the rest of the department has an 80% mark to hit.

Our only rollie pollie quit in lieu of termination after failing his second test, and Jay is pear shaped...but he is in shape pear shaped.
    Lewis Carroll

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks

Followed the link and watched for ten minutes. Those guys are a ridiculous disgrace to any uniform. The Chief and Big Sexy are the very definition of modern American obesity. They should both get lap-band surgery and liposuction. The gym won't work fast enough on them.
    US Army Paratrooper
    1st BN, 319th FA,
    DIVARTY

82nd ABN DIV

1981-1984
    Grenada

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IEDmagnet View Post
    Sounds about like ours, but it is mandatory twice a year department wide. Major difference being the sprint, we have a ridiculous obstacle course, I say ridiculous because it's easy. We don't get a monetary reward per se, but in our policy you can be terminated for failing two. It has happened too.

Our SWAT PT test is the same with more stringent standards, almost like pistol Quals. The whole department does it quarterly, but HRT has to shoot 95% when the rest of the department has an 80% mark to hit.

Our only rollie pollie quit in lieu of termination after failing his second test, and Jay is pear shaped...but he is in shape pear shaped.
    Our SWAT has a higher pistol qual too. 45/50 (90%) on the FBI course. We also have to shoot 100% on the M4 and MP5. No misses, however anything in the silhouette counts. We have to qualify once a month on pistol, once a quarter on the other two.

The patrol guys shoot twice a year 20 round course 80% standard. We shoot that too.