Thread: Bell V-280 Valor tiltrotor makes first flight

Bell V-280 Valor tiltrotor makes first flight

Another entry within the Future Vertical Lift (FVL) program for a Joint Multi Role Technology Demonstrator (JMR-TD) initiative.

Bell V-280 Valor makes first flight
    Next-generation vertical lift aircraft for the U.S. military reaches flight milestone.
    http://www.aerospacemanufacturingand...flight-010318/
    "With 2x the speed and range of conventional helicopters, the Valor is designed to offer operational agility to self-deploy and perform a multitude of vertical lift missions currently unachievable in one aircraft."

V280-3-736x (1).jpg

And from here: http://www.aerospacemanufacturingand...-valor-012516/
    "The V-280 Valor is competing in the Department of Defenseís Joint Multi-Role Technology Demonstrator (JMR TD) program. This is a science and technology precursor to the Department of Defenseís Future Vertical Lift program, with the goal to replace 2,000 to 4,000 medium-class utility and attack helicopters.

The V-280 Valor is Bell Helicopterís offering for the JMR-TD program. A next generation tiltrotor, the Bell V-280 Valor advanced technology tiltrotor is designed to offer speed, range, and payload for expeditionary maneuvers".

The Bell V-280 Valor is a tiltrotor aircraft being developed by Bell Helicopter and Lockheed Martin for the United States Army's Future Vertical Lift (FVL) program.

Although I like the increased performance I think the look of tilt-rotors are like looking at a football bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
    Although I like the increased performance I think the look of tilt-rotors are like looking at a football bat.