Thread: Enter lead Benghazi investigator Thomas Pickering...

Thanks

Default Enter lead Benghazi investigator Thomas Pickering...

Lead Benghazi investigator Thomas Pickering is a former US Ambassador and a lobbyist tied to CAIR and pro-Iranian regime entities. He's actually an advocate for allowing Iran to have a nuclear capability. In regards to CAIR, that particular organization is a proxy for the Muslim Brotherhood, the father of the modern Sunni terrorist. This is important because this man was selected to be in charge of the Benghazi investigation. Very interesting stuff here. So I'm not so sure how much will actually come out from this endeavor:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10-24/blizzard-of-leaks-and-charges-leaves-libya-questions-unanswered

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenf...sulate-attack/

An Excerpt of the above-mentioned article:

"Meanwhile the State Department investigating panel will be headed up by Thomas J. Pickering. Pickering has had an extensive diplomatic career and is known for a lot of things. One of them is serving on the board of the American-Iranian Council. The AIC is a problematic organization because while it has more credibility than the NIAC, the National Iranian American Council which is a straight front for the Iranian government, it’s still a group basically dedicated to pushing the Iranian agenda."

http://www.pottsmerc.com/article/201...she-accepts-it

An Excerpt:

"And who is leading the investigation? Former Ambassador Thomas Pickering, a noted career diplomat. Part of what he’s noted for, however, is sitting on boards of two pro-Tehran groups, the American Iranian Council and the National Iranian American Council, and for meeting with Hamas and promoting negotiations with the Taliban. Perhaps not the most “responsible” choice."

But it gets better, because this guy is also affiliated with the George Soros entity known as the International Crisis Group. He and Soros are on the board of trustees:

http://www.crisisgroup.org/en/about/...pickering.aspx

http://www.crisisgroup.org/en/about/...rge-soros.aspx

You'll also recognize some other names such as Sandy Berger and Wesley Clark, both individuals known for a wide-range of douchebaggery. Berger was the guy who tried to smuggle classified documents in his pants that would've implicated Bill Clinton as being complacent regarding the Jihadist threat and Clark, well, he's a an all-around toxic leader of the worst variety. And what progressive would be complete without idolizing the likes of Woodrow Wilson?:

http://www.woodrow.org/higher-educat...grad/index.php

Thanks

Default Re: Enter lead Benghazi investigator Thomas Pickering...

Additional info:

http://www.analyst-network.com/artic...nistration.pdf

An Excerpt:

"Ambassador Pickering’s positions on Iran include calls for bilateral talks without preconditions and a plan for a multinational uranium enrichment consortium in Iran. Iran has proposed a similar plan to the UN Security Council. Ambassador Pickering advocates a process leading to mutual diplomatic relations between Iran and the
    United States. He also cites positive experiences as a tourist in Iran, where he recalls that ordinary Iranians on the streets expressed friendliness towards him."

The average Iranian citizen isn't the problem its the government. Unfortunately for him, that government has changed quite a bit from when he last visited the country (during the Shah's reign)...

Pickering is on the advisory board of the pro-Iran lobby known as NIAC:

http://www.niacouncil.org/site/PageS...ut_staff_board

Thanks

Is ANYONE really surprised?
    "The sky, even more than the sea, is unforgiving of the slightest mistake."

"I think we won..."
    People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf- George Orwell

Thanks

No, not at all, but it does get real interesting when one considers the negotiations currently underway between the administration and the Egyptian (Muslim Brotherhood) government pertaining to the possible release of the Blind Sheik:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/sour...eikh-to-egypt/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...735055120.html

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/matthew...-blind-sheikh/

http://www.drudge.com/news/161085/el...s-negotiations

And brotherhood demands and lobbying:

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2...se-119647.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...nd-Sheikh.html

An Excerpt from the telegraph article:

'"I will do everything in my power to secure the freedom of detainees, including Sheikh Omar Abdul-Rahman," he told a huge crowd of supporters in Cairo's Tahrir Square on the eve of his inauguration.'

Thanks

Also don't forget the links between the Benghazi attackers and Mohammad Al-Zawahiri, Dr. Zawahiri's (current al qaida leader) brother. Mohammad is a special envoy to the new Egyptian government and individual involved in orchestrating the demonstration that occurred outside of the US Embassy in Cairo. During that particular demonstration the crowd were chanting for the release of the Blind Sheik. Interesting, yes?

Thanks

Not really a surprise. The administration chose him to support the agenda they want.

Thanks

There is more and more coming out about what took place regarding the embessy in Bengasi. It appears there were two drones on station that were accessing what was happening and were being monitored by Obama and the crew at the white house. The seals were denied to be able to assist the Embesy and they refused the third denial and assisted anyway. Upon returning to the annex they were denied assistance when they had a laiser on the mortar that killed them. General Ham was relieved from Africom Command after being told not to assist and he gathered reaction forces anywhay. His second in command walked into his office and informed him that he was relieved of command. From all the information I have herd it sounds like Obama is a Traitor. But what do I know I am just an old retired Army combat Veteran. Need you ask how I intend to vote? AIRBORNE! GERONIMO!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GERONIMO View Post
    There is more and more coming out about what took place regarding the embessy in Bengasi. It appears there were two drones on station that were accessing what was happening and were being monitored by Obama and the crew at the white house. The seals were denied to be able to assist the Embesy and they refused the third denial and assisted anyway. Upon returning to the annex they were denied assistance when they had a laiser on the mortar that killed them. General Ham was relieved from Africom Command after being told not to assist and he gathered reaction forces anywhay. His second in command walked into his office and informed him that he was relieved of command. From all the information I have herd it sounds like Obama is a Traitor. But what do I know I am just an old retired Army combat Veteran. Need you ask how I intend to vote? AIRBORNE! GERONIMO!!

GEN Ham wasn't the only one being relieved either, apparently Rear Admiral Gaouette was as well. Check out the thread I created in Got Silk...

Thanks

And here's the latest news on Pickering...not at all surprising.
    America is a seething hotbed of “Islamophobia,” filled with ignorant racist rubes who irrationally fear the benign Muslim religion, according to the Obama administration’s lead investigator into the Benghazi atrocities. So said former Ambassador Thomas R. Pickering in more polished, diplomatic language during an Oct. 23 panel discussion at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. The talk was on “what role the faith community can play in fighting Islamophobia,” a make-believe mental illness that Islamists would love to have listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Radical Islam’s stateside defenders frequently accuse anti-terrorism hawks of “McCarthyism,” hurling the epithet “Islamophobe” the same way American leftists use the word “racist” to shut down debate.
    Pickering’s pontifications came two and a half weeks after Secretary of State Hillary Clinton named him to head a State Department “Accountability Review Board” tasked with examining the circumstances surrounding the deaths on Sept. 11, 2012, the 11th anniversary of 9/11, of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, information management officer Sean Smith, and security personnel Glen Doherty, and Tyrone Woods at the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.

At last week’s panel discussion, Pickering piously but incorrectly invoked the Holocaust to argue that American Muslims were somehow in danger.
    “I’m not great at quotations,” he said, foreshadowing a misattribution to come.
    “Perhaps it was [German theologian and dissident] Dietrich Bonhoeffer who said of the Nazis, when they came for the Jews, I didn’t speak up. I was not a Jew. When they came for the Catholics, I didn’t speak up, I was not a Catholic. When they came for us, no one spoke up. There was no one left to do so,” Pickering said, paraphrasing famous, poignant verses actually spoken by Third Reich-era German pastor Martin Niemoller.
    Pickering said that Americans’ lack of familiarity with Islam –and not Islamic terrorist attacks on Americans— fuels hostility toward Muslims.
    “Data shows that those Americans who do not know Muslims, who do not know much about Islam, are the ones who harbor the greatest feelings of prejudice,” he said.
    Full story
    "You see, in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

118th MP Co (ABN) '83-'86
    "Heaven Sent, Hell Bent"

Thanks

WTF is wrong with this guy and this admin? They can kiss my ass.
    "Get out of that door you Goddamn piece of shit" and than I felt the kick of the boot on my skinny ass and the small of my back-it broke my grasp of the tower door and out I went screaming like a little girl.

Thanks

They are dragging their feet. Nothing is coming out for at least another month or two. Hell, the investigation team just got set up in an office last week. There was a notice of their new phone numbers and fax numbers.

Thanks

You all know they don't want any shake-ups in the administration yet. There is a rumor that Leon Panetta will "fall on his sword" after the elections are over. Supposedly he will retire to spend more time with his family. That's what they always say...

if not on the range shooting...hiding in the mancave
    Thanks

now that the White House occupant has been re-elected this will be lost in the fog of DC and the lies, tales and obfuscations put forth to cover the administration's collective worthless asses.
    trying to survive our caring politians

Thanks

I know this is an old thread but I can't stop thinking about it. Right now all they talk about on the news is " who changed the talking points" What I want to know is who said don't send help.
    I know I'm not the smartest person here but if you watch someone getting murdered and do nothing, doesn't that make the person watching as guilty as the person committing the act?
    Those men didn't have to die, the guilty ALL the guilty must be brought to justice.
    "American parachutists...devils in baggy pants...are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere..."
    taken from the diary of a German officer killed at Anzio

PRO DEO ET PATRIA

Thanks

I can't stop thinking about it either Yvette...