Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PT Program for Jump School

Thanks

Default PT Program for Jump School

11th Infantry Regiment
    1st Battalion (Airborne), 507th Infantry
    Airborne Physical Training

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WARNING: WHEN CONDUCTING PHYSICAL TRAINING PRIOR TO THE BASIC AIRBORNE COURSE AT YOUR HOME STATION, DESIGN A PROGRAM TO ACHIEVE THE FOLLOWING: COMPLETION OF A 5 MILE RUN WITH A TIME OF 45 MINUTES OR FASTER AFTER CONDUCTING 30 MINUTES OF STRENUOUS ACTIVITY (MUSCULAR STRENGTH EXERCISES, MUSCULAR ENDURANCE EXERCISES, CALISTHENICS, AND GRASS DRILLS).

You must be physically fit before you start the BAC. The physically weak are more likely to either not complete the course because of an injury, or fail the course due to an inability to qualify on the training apparatuses. You will have PT the first period each day, followed by seven hours of demanding, vigorous training.

Typical PT Session. You must qualify during daily PT by completing the exercises and distance run. Any student who fails to complete two runs during the entire course will be eliminated from training. A typical daily PT session includes warm up exercises, calisthenics, guerilla/grass drills or a 3.2 to 4 mile formation run. Males and females run in the same formation during PT and the average pace is 9-minutes per mile.

DAILY PT SCHEDULE

Ground Week

Day Event Distance Pace

1 APFT PU/SU/2MR Individual
    2 Guerilla/Grass Drills
    3 1st Run 3.2 Miles 8:45 - 9:15 Per Mile
    4 Guerilla/Grass Drills
    5 2nd Run 3.2 Miles 8:45 - 9:15 Per Mile

Tower Week

Day Event Distance Pace

1 1st Run 5 Miles 8:45 - 9:15 Per Mile
    2 Log Drills
    3 2nd Run 4 Miles 8:45 - 9:15 Per Mile
    4 Circuit Training
    5 3rd Run 4 Miles 8:45 - 9:15 Per Mile

Jump Week

The whole week you will run to the Airport to perform your jumps.

PT UNIFORM

Summer (APRIL thru SEPTEMBER): Army T-shirt, PT Shorts, (IPFU or PFU).
    Winter (OCTOBER thru MARCH): sweat tops, sweat pants, (IPFU or PFU), gloves with inserts, and black wool cap.

Those services not issued organizational PT uniforms (such as some Navy and Air Force units): appropriate civilian PT clothes are acceptable. Appropriate colors include solid black, gray, brown, or dark blue attire free of unit and commercial logos.

Thanks

Default Pre-Jump school PT training????

I dont remember that crap, I went in Dec 66, we just went to jump school, PT uniforms? Yeap, we got to pull our fatigue shirt tails out and un-blouse our boots.

I must be getting old.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kraigwy View Post
    I dont remember that crap, I went in Dec 66, we just went to jump school, PT uniforms? Yeap, we got to pull our fatigue shirt tails out and un-blouse our boots.

I must be getting old.
    I don't remeber any of that ether. I went through BAC in 75' and the uniforms were fatigues with shirt tails pulled out and boots un-bloused. The only "advantage" you could say we had was we didn't have to starch our fatigues.

Don't get me wrong, we did a lot of PT. Matter of fact that's all we did in between learning how to jump. Zero week was the worst! PT for most of the day and then guard duty throughout the night. That sucked.
    Bring on the Sizzler

"508 All the Way, Sir"
    "Thou shalt not be a victim. Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer
    I believe the Best Social Program is a Job - Ronald Reagan

Thanks

I did not know that the Army had vehicles to carry you from place to place until I saw my first airplane.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchy Hippo View Post
    I did not know that the Army had vehicles to carry you from place to place until I saw my first airplane.
    Don't you remember those fuckin' things in basic training called cattle trucks?
    Bring on the Sizzler

"508 All the Way, Sir"
    "Thou shalt not be a victim. Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer
    I believe the Best Social Program is a Job - Ronald Reagan

Thanks

In '62 the first official week of Airborne School was PC&M Week. That's Physical Conditioning and Motivation Week. It was all PT, log drills, runs and a little bit of introduction to actions in the aircraft. For some there was a Zero Week first, some last and for some poor bastards, one at each end. PT was fatigues, boots and T-shirts or long john tops depending on uniform of the day. Squids & Jarheads wore their Utilities in the same manner as us Doggies. Only difference was they had to tape over the hooks on their boots. I often wonder if the Blackhats looked for the tape to make life more difficult.

Thanks

Default Re: PT Program for Jump School

the only thing i have to say is we no shit ran at like a 1030 pace and people were still falling out.
    On the Eighth day God created the Infantry, and all Hell stood at attention.

- US ARMY ITB Fort Benning, GA

1. Always Look before you slip.
    2. Always slip in the opposite direction of fellow jumpers to avoid collisions.
    3. The lower jumper always has the right of way.

Thanks

Sweet! Re: PT Program for Jump School

Yeah the runs were crazy slow but the worst part was they put the talk people in the back and we get this accordion, slow down speed up effect. It was especially bad when I went through because there were so many females.

Thanks

1958 PT was fatigues and boots. Run in formation counting cadence. Everyone must be in step. Absolutely no talking or looking around. They told us to look at the neck of the person in front of you. Before we actually were accepted to jump school we had to report to the blackhats to take the PT test. Alot of people didn't make it past that stage. I can't remember the requirements.

Thanks

I had an exceptional pre-jump school physical training program: Infantry Basic Training in Harmony Church! It made the jump school PT a piece-of-cake. The cure for the accordian effect: get rid of all those cadidiots. In my class they eventually failed-out or terminated during tower week. Smooth sailing after that!

Thanks

We had to do PT in fatigues and boots, I went in late fall and during zero week the guys in jump week couldn't jump cause the wind was too high... so we ended up with 2 zero weeks...and after basic and AIT the PT test was quit easy. Ther was still some assholes fallin' out of the runs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VB View Post
    I don't remeber any of that ether. I went through BAC in 75' and the uniforms were fatigues with shirt tails pulled out and boots un-bloused. The only "advantage" you could say we had was we didn't have to starch our fatigues.

Don't get me wrong, we did a lot of PT. Matter of fact that's all we did in between learning how to jump. Zero week was the worst! PT for most of the day and then guard duty throughout the night. That sucked.
    VB, that's exactly the same way it was when I went through BAC in 1976.

Thanks

Do they still run in boots? We did in '95 but I heard they may go to running shoes.

A 3/319th AFAR & HSB 3/319th AFAR '95-'99

Thanks

The title of this thread is "PT Program for Jump School".

WTF? Unless you are a fat ass sniveling little jackwagon you can make it. Not that damn hard if you are focused. Problem is, all these little pukes want to go just to get the wings and never go to an airborne unit. They just want to strut their wings and talk shit.

I saw a lot of those pussies at jump school when my son graduated last year.
    At some point in your life you must look in the mirror and decide if you like what you see.

Thanks

Thats why they're fucking legs Santo

And just to the south of that field is uhhhh, more field. (Unnamed ISR Student)