We agree to disagree
    FINALLY! Something we can agree on!

**2006 APO NCAA Bracket Champion
    **2007 APO NFL FFL Champion

Thanks

Default Re: Texas DRAMA!!

Quote Originally Posted by VoTrooper99 View Post
    At risk of going terribly off topic...
    There was no legal basis under which they could secede in the first place. The Supreme Court agreed in 1869, (Texas v. White) when the secession argument finally got there after the war. That said, even if you look at it from a law of contracts perspective, (absent any other guidance) the states still cannot unilaterally secede. Even in an ordinary contract, both parties need to consent to dissolution. No consent was obtained from the federal government. In fact, they were quite pissed off about it.

And levying war against the United States is the very definition of treason. The south did that for four years, starting at Sumpter.

States can no more unilaterally secede from the federal government "legally" than a citizen can declare his home to be an independent nation.

There are at least 20 States NOW that have claimed sovernity, (sp) however although eveybody believes they are on their own,BS BUT it was the first time any State had done that since the South did it and it was to MAKE a point about the Federal Government screwing up. However, it's a paper drill and none of the States have been given permission....NOW he was right when we did it against the British...WE were serious as a heart attack and under their laws it was treason....The southern States split away because they were pissed that the Federal Government was getting into their BIZ....AND RIGHT NOW....I know I'm pissed at all the shit these so called Servants to the people have been ripping us off for decades, and their lining their pockets with gold.

Since WWII the presidents have knowingly abandoned tens of thousand of American POWs that were Liberated by the Russians from Pow camps and then put on trains and 1 million men were sent to the slave labor camps in Siberia, from therE some were sent to China and Russia.......RUSSIA was our allies , and Roosevelt & Truman knew all about it...but were advised by their top intel men...."It's not worth going to war against Stalin" The British did the same thing...Screw Russia the Brits and the US could have kicked their asses, however, THE truth is that both countries who listened to their top intel men were RUSSIAN MOLES, spys who had spent years in gaining the positons.
    After the Korean War IKE knew dam well tha t thousands of POW's did not cross the border.....the other POWs seen it all happen...Problem was (BS) The North Korean officers who we had as POW's DID NOT want to go back since under their Military Law if an officer is not with his men then he would probably be SHOT....SO we kept them and that made N Korea keep more of ours....I would have put them all in chutes and pushed their ass out the door in N Korea in exchange for our POWs.....Again the public was told ...THERE are no more live POWs, then Nixon and Kissinger make a deal BUT for got about Cambodia and Laos...and there were thousands left to be tortured, beaten starved or worked to death ever since the end of WWII....AND that's why they keep stalling on H RES 111 A Senate Sub Committee to investigate all the RECORDS about the POWs, but everyday they stall gives our POW another dam good chance of dying......How do you feel about men who have knowledge or are directly involved in this huge cover up....I do not see how a man could look at himself in the mirror everyday, knowing that he was part of the process of betrayng THOUSANDS of men between the ages of 18 - 30 years old and let them die or they are dying the mst miserable death I could imagine.......Some day when the barricade is broken then they will be on trial and I hope to live to see that day....

I'm pissed and have been pissed for years and I wanted a MILLION Veterans to March in DC next Memorial Day weekend (hell there will be 250,000 vets or pro-vets there already) AND NEXT YEAR IS THE 25TH Anniversary of Rolling Thunder....IMO it will reach at least 500,000 M/Cs. I call it VADA..." VETERANS AGAINST THE DESTRUCTION OF AMERICA" HELL IT'S STARTING TO GET OUT OF CONTROL AND SOON"OBAMA" WILL HAVE PEOPLE START HUGE RIOTS SO HE CAN CALL OUT THE 60,000 SPECIALLY TRAINED ACTIVE DUTY TROOPS TO COME AND STOP THE VIOLENCE , ARREST YOU AND PUT YOU IN A HOMELAND SHELTER AND THEN CONFISCATE ALL YOUR WEAPONS WHILE THEIR SEARCHING YOUR HOUSES......It's growing and growing more each day and soon somethings gotta give and IMO these are the front line puppets that OBAMA's crew are enticing and it will get bigger...."YOU SAY YOU WANT A REVOLUTION....WELL WE'D ALL LOVE TO SEE THE PLANS" Beatles 1969

Thanks

RE: #62 - YGBSM.

And so it goes...

Purple

"Don't let yourself get treed by a Chihuahua."

"SF doesn't do harassment. No encouragement; no discouragement. You cannot be in SF if you do not set your own standards. Nobody sets it for you. They just watch what you do. If you rest when you should be working, if you drink when you should be humping, if you let your buddy carry a load too heavy for him - you're gone. No questions, just you're gone. They don't need you."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    RE: #62 - YGBSM.

And so it goes...

Purple
    Had to look it up. I didn't see the connection... (valid points maybe, just not seeing any link twixt them)
    www.TheInfantryStore.com
    "Follow Me! Let's Go! All the Way! Airborne!!"

MOΛΩN ΛABE!

82d AG Co., '82-'83
    B Co., 1(A), 325th Inf Rgt, '83-'85
    www.facebook.com/TheInfantryStore

Thanks

Sorry about that, but once I said my piece on the States ...I got carried away....I've been into this POW/MIA for over 20 years and it's insane how they attempt to discredit very reliable sources and then lie like hell about all they can !!!!!

Thanks

Brasso, you ever see any of Sen. Jesse Helms's work on the POW/MIA issue?
    www.TheInfantryStore.com

MOΛΩN ΛABE!

82d AG Co., '82-'83

Thanks

Years ago from NC right?

Thanks

Yep. http://www.aiipowmia.net/reports/interimrpt.html

Seems later he turned into a Judas and pretty much back-stabbed the POW/MIA community by bring Vietnam to the "trade deals" table.
    www.TheInfantryStore.com

MOΛΩN ΛABE!

82d AG Co., '82-'83

Thanks

Well I do not want this to become a war of words , however, I've seen that report before and the first thing that smacked me in the head was near the top of the report under
    Preliminary Conclusions, it states, "At the conclusion of "OPERATION HOMECOMING" which brought home 591 POWs - DR Roger Shields, then Assistant Secretary of Defense stated that DOD had "no evidence that there were any more POWs still alive in all of Indochina"! Did that consist of Cambodia and Laos, which no POWs were even involved with the return of those in North/South Vietnam. And your dam right about them opening the trade market, etc, when they knowingly betrayed hundreds of POWs. But the fact is (and this went on in South America when all the shit went down), a lot of the politicians had big money tied up in or owned up to 54 different Companies that were in reality using children for workers and on and on, etc.

This is the largest scar of betrayal, contempt and treason in the history of this Nation, which is why they continue to lie and deny.

Thanks

Cool Re: Texas DRAMA!!

This is an interesting subject that I know very little about. But it is a hijack. Would an admin please split this off into another area or thread please?

Guys, please keep these comments coming in both subjects. Great debate so far on the State's Right of Secession. I'm a believer, but that doesn't mean things would have worked out post secession for either weakened country in the turbulent late 1800s.

VO, we need to get together and have a beer on my next trip up north so you and I can understand each other better, Sir.

KG5CDZ المتخلف اللص

Thanks

The secession should have been peaceful. After a few years I'm sure they would have rejoined the Union under better circumstances. There was no need for over 600,000 men to die and a portion of the continent to be razed. No excuse.
    www.TheInfantryStore.com

MOΛΩN ΛABE!

82d AG Co., '82-'83

Thanks

Texas drivers won't be able to put Confederate license plates on their vehicles after a state board unanimously rejected the proposed design Thursday. The Department of Motor Vehicles board...voted against offering the plates after hearing hours of emotional testimony.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1086406.html

And so it goes...

Purple

"Don't let yourself get treed by a Chihuahua."

"SF doesn't do harassment. No encouragement; no discouragement. You cannot be in SF if you do not set your own standards. Nobody sets it for you. They just watch what you do. If you rest when you should be working, if you drink when you should be humping, if you let your buddy carry a load too heavy for him - you're gone. No questions, just you're gone. They don't need you."

Thanks

...voted against offering the plates after hearing hours of emotional testimony.
    There you have it....the other side just wasn't emotional enough.

Thanks

VO, we need to get together and have a beer on my next trip up north so you and I can understand each other better, Sir.
    Or fight to the death and settle this Civil War/State's Rights/Secession thing once and for all!!!

**2006 APO NCAA Bracket Champion
    **2007 APO NFL FFL Champion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VoTrooper99 View Post
    Or fight to the death and settle this Civil War/State's Rights/Secession thing once and for all!!!
    Your gift card for unlimited Crispy Creme donuts should be arriving at your house this week. I'd like to stay and talk schedule right now but I need to go to the gym pretty quick tonight.

How about 12/21/12? See if you can pencil us in

KG5CDZ المتخلف اللص