Thanks

Default Re: Movie: Act of Valor

Leaving to see the show.
    Back in a couple of hours....
    FISHDO,
    George Soros sucks

Thanks

Enjoyed the movie. Some fake shit, but like watching a 90 CAPEX.
    FISHDO,
    George Soros sucks

Thanks

Saw it on Friday.

Nice action scenes but as a movie it sucked.

Boring as hell. No character development. No reason to care about anybody. Acting was awful.

Movie was too "all over the place." Literally and figuratively. Go rescue a hostage in Costa Rica. Okay, now go fly to Africa. Okay, now go to Mexico and take on drug lords. There was like 40lbs of plot crammed into a 5lb bag.

Hey, the drug lords were led by the Mexican gang leader from Sons of Anarchy! :D

Meh. the 1990 movie "Navy SEALS" with Charlie Sheen was better.

Seriously, not joking it may have been less realistic, but as a movie, at least it made sense.

Black Hawk Down was 10x better than Act of Valor. Maybe 20x.

Gardens of Stone was better than all of them. And it doesn't even have any real "combat" scenes!
    Martin

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission!" - Captain Zapp Branigan, Democratic Order Of Planets

Thanks

I saw it on Sunday afternoon, I kept expecting Ron Jeremy to waltz into a scene, the acting was that bad ... yes, the SEALs are warriors but not actors. It was OK on action but there are better ones out there. All in all, wish I would have waited for it to come out on Netflicks or something.
    OSUT Ft. Benning (Harmony Church), June - Sept 1985 D/10/2
    BAC Ft. Benning Sept - Oct 1985 44-85 42nd Co.
    C Co (Abn) 5/327th, 172nd Inf Bde
    85-87
    HHC 1st Bde, 6ID(L) Bde CO Driver, then S-4 staff weeny while I ETS'd 87-88

Thanks

Saw it. Wasn/t impressed. Know they're killers and all but a bit stretched I thought.
    "Get out of that door you Goddamn piece of shit" and than I felt the kick of the boot on my skinny ass and the small of my back-it broke my grasp of the tower door and out I went screaming like a little girl.

Thanks

Started reading the Chris Kyle autobiography the other day. Couldn't help but laugh at the section in the beginning of the book when he says "SEALs are quiet professional"....bet he wanted to change that after he published the book and Hollyweird decided to release a movie with his former teammates.

Jokes aside, decent book so far.
    "`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat:`we're all mad here.'"-
    Lewis Carroll

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks

[QUOTE=IEDmagnet;392776]Started reading the Chris Kyle autobiography the other day. Couldn't help but laugh at the section in the beginning of the book when he says "SEALs are quiet professional"....bet he wanted to change that after he published the book and Hollyweird decided to release a movie with his former teammates.

I like the SEALs, however, they get too much exposure to be considered quiet professionals. There are a ton of movies and books about them. Their missions also seem to make it to the headlines these days. There is nothing quiet about that. I will say that they are very good at what they do.
    "The hero is the man who forgets himself for others... Nature created the hero not to live but to serve... The hero is unique among men because his life is the apotheosis of devotion and not of effort... Wars give back religion to men who have lost it... It is security of life that has killed the gods...By death man saves the life of the world...Ideas not men, are the founders of races". Rene Quinton, Maximes sur la guerre

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ops NCO View Post
    I'm still going to see it.
    I still have not seen it. why I Bumped it
    A co. 2/75th 80-84

Thanks

Default Movie: Act of Valor

[QUOTE=Eagle9294;393016]
    Quote Originally Posted by IEDmagnet View Post
    Started reading the Chris Kyle autobiography the other day. Couldn't help but laugh at the section in the beginning of the book when he says "SEALs are quiet professional"....bet he wanted to change that after he published the book and Hollyweird decided to release a movie with his former teammates.

I like the SEALs, however, they get too much exposure to be considered quiet professionals. There are a ton of movies and books about them. Their missions also seem to make it to the headlines these days. There is nothing quiet about that. I will say that they are very good at what they do.
    Like to hear from the other SFers, but IMO you're correct, IED.
    More we see the SEALs not being content with a job well done.
    Maybe it's due to the type of mission, or the fact they're so high profile.
    From outward appearances we may be similar in some aspects of our training & we are both part of SOCOM,, but our operational attitudes are different.
    We (SF) can't be braggadocio, we're teachers working w/LNs. Better to lead by actions / deeds, letting those do the talking.

Personally, I've been in awe of the PJs I've worked with. They hardly ever get recognition for the selfless job they do.
    qp
    D-8450-L

Thanks

I would have been fine with another movie about the SEAL's. I just feel by them participating in it they gave up the ghost.

I'll stick to Rhino Wars.

B Co 1/509th ABCT 1973-1976

Thanks

I realize that active CA guys are the red hatted stepchildren of the ARSOF community, but even we get constant reminders to maintain the quiet professional moniker. As much as I appreciate my SEAL friends, that concept seems to be lost on the trident wearers.