Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GA 3-108th CAV LRS Information

Thanks

Default Re: GA 3-108th CAV LRS Information

Quote Originally Posted by Blue'sDad11C View Post
    IEDMagnet...since you are in GA you should know these guys aren't here anymore.
    ************************************************** **********************************
    Blue: In Mike's defense he's been OUT since '07 so he probably wasn't up on that.
    "We deal in lead friend."...Steve McQueen,The Magnificent Seven 82d Abn Div: 1983-86
    OIF: 2007-08
    Retired NYS LEO/NRA Life Member
    Colt Gov't & OM/Glock 19&26/Ruger SP101
    Still Love Ya Sarah !! I will NOT Comply!

Thanks

IEDMagnet...since you are in GA you should know these guys aren't here anymore.
    Like Bryan said Brother, I've been Retired since '07. On top of that I live in SC and have for a long time. Just volunteered for a deployment and ended up in Bravo 2d Foot in '05. My home unit was the 218th out of SC.

I do know a lot of troops who used to be in Hco, and the better part of my fireteam in Iraq were LRS cherries looking for CIBs. They got 'em... but I think they all left for line units after the deployment ended.

Besides, I was only commenting that Kilted response was funny as hell and I stand by it.
    "`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat:`we're all mad here.'"-
    Lewis Carroll

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IEDmagnet View Post
    Like Bryan said Brother, I've been Retired since '07. On top of that I live in SC and have for a long time. Just volunteered for a deployment and ended up in Bravo 2d Foot in '05. My home unit was the 218th out of SC.

I do know a lot of troops who used to be in Hco, and the better part of my fireteam in Iraq were LRS cherries looking for CIBs. They got 'em... but I think they all left for line units after the deployment ended.

Besides, I was only commenting that Kilted response was funny as hell and I stand by it.
    ************************************************** *************************************
    Mike: Dave(BluesDad)is a very honorable Southern guy,like yourself, and gets his "Irish Up" sometimes too quickly! The funny thing is that I don't read too much into KH(I have NOT met him..so I'm only guessing)but think he's just having a good time being on APO. I actually picture(and "hear") a "Ranger version" of R.Lee Emery which makes me enjoy his comments even more! Oh,before I forget..Dawn said she'll post that picture from the other day over the weekend...that way everybody can see how handsome we both are!! later Mike!
    "We deal in lead friend."...Steve McQueen,The Magnificent Seven 82d Abn Div: 1983-86

Thanks

Sounds like a reason for another link up.
    Count me in, followed by direct PM (civvy shit got all over me lately; got to straighten my priorities right).
    Moreover, if there is a range nearby, I'll haul my AKAR (AK-AR) project in works along (bastard child of AK frame and AR amenities).
    FUCK PUTIN, BOYCOTT RUSSIA! HELP UKRAINE!
    PLEASE, drop a buck at Ukrainian Freedom Fund: http://ukrfreedomfund.org/
    μολν λαβέ

Thanks

Sorry about that Paul..it was a last minute thing. That new AKAR might come in handy in some of the areas Mike patrols!

Thanks

H Co, 1-121 IN (ABN)(LRS) does quite still exist. they got re-org'd after the last deployment under 3-108 CAV (RSTA). resisting becoming Trp C 3-108 CAV, they are now LRS Co 3-108. On paper at least... Still call themselves LRS or H Co... If you show up there now, prepare for rear-D, they're deployed. Great unit, lots of training available, if you are motivated, squared away, and can pass pt (+70%!)- ABN, AASLT, PFDR, RGR, RSLC, Sniper, Mountain Warfare, Jumpmaster.

Any rumor concerning the GA LRS not existing is utterly %110 false. I assure you it exists. I'm in it.

Ops NCO is offline "Call me Ops" Association Staff
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BURNSwhenIP View Post
    H Co, 1-121 IN (ABN)(LRS) does quite still exist. they got re-org'd after the last deployment under 3-108 CAV (RSTA). resisting becoming Trp C 3-108 CAV, they are now LRS Co 3-108. On paper at least... Still call themselves LRS or H Co... If you show up there now, prepare for rear-D, they're deployed. Great unit, lots of training available, if you are motivated, squared away, and can pass pt (+70%!)- ABN, AASLT, PFDR, RGR, RSLC, Sniper, Mountain Warfare, Jumpmaster.

Any rumor concerning the GA LRS not existing is utterly %110 false. I assure you it exists. I'm in it.
    I forgot to ask in your intro; do you know The Kilted Heathen?
    11B2P
    B Company, 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
    Member of the original 505th PIR Gavin Squad - 1986

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ops NCO View Post
    I forgot to ask in your intro; do you know The Kilted Heathen?
    Personally, no. I did see him in october, and I have heard many legends of him over the years. Actually, I stumbled across this forum via google and as soon as i read his first post in the thread i said to myself "i know exactly who that is."

Thanks

Personally, no. I did see him in october, and I have heard many legends of him over the years. Actually, I stumbled across this forum via google and as soon as i read his first post in the thread i said to myself "i know exactly who that is."
    Awww fuck....don't believe everything you hear about me.
    You can't train for a kick in the balls!

Thanks

MrGreen Re: GA 3-108th CAV LRS Information

I did hear something about a house at the end of a street in a cul de sac that you don't want to mess with. Something along the lines of no one that's ever gone there has come back the same or being able to speak in a baritone voice anymore. Not sure. I also heard that the first "Predator" movie was based on his 10th birthday party. That's all I heard .

Thanks

Last House on the Left...
    "`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat:`we're all mad here.'"-
    Lewis Carroll

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks

About a "house at the end of a street in a cul de sac that you don't want to mess with":
    - Fire up RPG first,
    - ask for directions/confirm the address next.

O-ops...
    FUCK PUTIN, BOYCOTT RUSSIA! HELP UKRAINE!
    PLEASE, drop a buck at Ukrainian Freedom Fund: http://ukrfreedomfund.org/
    μολν λαβέ

Thanks

Our guidon still says Co H 121..........

Thanks

Kilted heathen...I don't know what you are angry about or challenge? I know two of the first sergeants (although I do believe one was promoted to some kind of training command) in 3/108th CAV who will tell you the LRS here in GA is gove. Now there are some LRS guys in those companies, just as there are some in B2/121 where the LRS used to be in Newnan, who will swear up and down they are still in the LRS unit for GA, but this is simply not the case. I have nothing against LRS, as I interviewed and was accepted there in 2008 before I found out I still had ear problems and could not go to Ranger School for them, so I gave up my spot. Now GA is supposed to be standing up some kind of Spec Ops thing sometime soon, but the 3/ 108th offers the same schools now as the 1/ 108th, my old unit which is now light CAV. All of this can be verified by the State Command if you have any doubts. I just didn't want someone to go from NY to GA only to be disappointed...and I know you can get the schools I listed at any Infantry or Cavalry unit because they were posted on our training board at my old unit and current unit. I really don't understand what you are challenging though? As I said, anything I say for sure can be verified through my state, and anything I am not sure of I will say so. The last info we were all given though is the LRS unit itself is no more here, even though there are many troopers who are LRS qualified in some of these troops. Hope this clarifies what I am saying. If not feel free to check with any commander in my state. And the head butting, really?
    You are 100% completely wrong, you couldn't be any more incorrect. I know I am new here, as in just registered tonight, but nothing in the above post is current information. When we returned from Iraq in 2007, we were re-aligned from our last war-trace which was 3rd Corp. We are now under the new battlefield surveillance concept, as part of 3rd 108th R&S. There are some documents that list us as C troop 3/108, but it was the same before under 221 MI Bn. We were listed as C Co 221 MI depending on where you looked. As for the Sergeants Major you know, the last three of my predecessors are all E-9s. One is in charge of a regional training institue and the other two are in the Squadron, one as CSM, one as S-3 SGM. I promise you if you ask them, they will not tell you LRS is gone, in fact I will ask two of them for you tomorrow. We still send guys to all the schools we have always sent them too. Not at this particular moment because we are a little "tied up" And yes, Heathen was correct, just saw him in Maskatuk in October. Heathen, when you come down to head butt him to sleep, give Paula a call, you can stay at our place.....Phantom 7....out

Thanks

I am in the process of coming out of the ING after contracting in Iraq and doing an IST to H Co 121 LRS. Prior to contracting I was with the now deactivated F Co 425 LRS out of Michigan. I NEED a poc for H co so I can get a drill schedule and hopefully drill next month any info would be great!