Just wanted to take a moment to remember the 19 Special Operations soldiers who died 6 years ago today in the Hindu Kush Mountains of Afghanistan. It was the single largest lost of SOF personnel in US history. 11 SEALs and 8 members of the 160th SOAR. RIP, warriors.
US Navy SEALs KIA:
- Lieutenant Michael P. Murphy, 29, Patchogue, NY
- Petty Officer 2nd Class Danny Dietz, 25, Littleton, CO
- Petty Officer 2nd Class Matthew G. Axelson, 29, Cupertino, CA
- -Chief Petty Officer Jacques J. Fontan, 36, of New Orleans, La.
- --Senior Chief Petty Officer Daniel R. Healy, 36, of Exeter, N.H.
- --Lt. Cmdr. Erik S. Kristensen, 33, of San Diego, Calif.
- --Petty Officer 1st Class Jeffery A. Lucas, 33, of Corbett, Ore.
- --Lt. Michael M. McGreevy, Jr., 30, of Portville, N.Y.
- --Petty Officer 2nd Class James Suh, 28, of Deerfield Beach, Fla.
- --Petty Officer 2nd Class Eric S. Patton, 22, of Boulder City, Nev.
- --Petty Officer 1st Class Jeffrey S. Taylor, 30, of Midway, W.
160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) KIA:
- Staff Sgt. Shamus O. Goare, 29, of Danville, Ohio.
- Chief Warrant Officer Corey J. Goodnature, 35, of Clarks Grove, Minn.
- Sgt. Kip A. Jacoby, 21, of Pompano Beach, Fla.
- Sgt. 1st Class Marcus V. Muralles, 33, of Shelbyville, Ind.
- Master Sgt James W. Ponder III, 36, of Franklin, Tenn.
- Maj. Stephen C. Reich, 34, of Washington Depot, Conn.
- Sgt. 1st Class Michael L. Russell, 31, of Stafford, Va.
- Chief Warrant Officer Chris J. Scherkenbach, 40, of Jacksonville, Fla.