Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying Cock and Balls

Thanks

Default Flying Cock and Balls

When with the 101st. one of our platoon members had a metal iron cast of a flying cock and balls with wings(not Airborne wings- but wings).
    This guy was from Providence,RI and said he got it from his older brother who had served with the 11th Airborne. He told me some of them carried it as a good luck piece.
    I carried mine for my 3 years and had it soldered on my rearview mirror when I got out.
    A Marine friend of mine went to Vietnam when it broke out and I gave it to him for good luck. Never got it back.
    Anyone familiar with that? They had a rhyme too " we did it standing
    we did it lying
    if we had wings
    we'd do it flying"
    "Get out of that door you Goddamn piece of shit" and than I felt the kick of the boot on my skinny ass and the small of my back-it broke my grasp of the tower door and out I went screaming like a little girl.

Thanks

Default Re: Flying Cock and Balls

Haven't seen that one, but someone along the way gave me a cast of Airborne wings with an image of a naked girl with spread legs (and anatomically correct, um, 'area') in the center. Never got the purpose of them, but they were funny.

Thanks

Thanks

There is an unconfirmed sighting of them in Barny Franks ass.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
    George Washington

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    Haven't seen that one, but someone along the way gave me a cast of Airborne wings with an image of a naked girl with spread legs (and anatomically correct, um, 'area') in the center. Never got the purpose of them, but they were funny.
    Those were Bush pilot badges, moist of us have earned them at some point I would guess :)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z0phi3l View Post
    Those were Bush pilot badges, moist of us have earned them at some point I would guess :)
    I'm going through BAR for my Bush Wings .

Thanks

I prefer Bushless pilot badges
    Bring on the Sizzler

"508 All the Way, Sir"
    "Thou shalt not be a victim. Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer
    I believe the Best Social Program is a Job - Ronald Reagan

Thanks

I thought those were for blood wings
    Aim to Maim

Thanks

So any one here ever get their RED WINGS?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coachman View Post
    So any one here ever get their RED WINGS?
    Yup,... Also known as "Clown Makeup"
    Bring on the Sizzler

"508 All the Way, Sir"
    "Thou shalt not be a victim. Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer
    I believe the Best Social Program is a Job - Ronald Reagan

Thanks

WTF? Re: Flying Cock and Balls

I'm not actually a member of your exclusive society, I just joined to answer this one post. I know the origin of the Flying Cock and Balls.

I visited Pompeii in 1969 and the symbol of that ancient city is the art work mentioned above in the post. The legend comes from the time of the Crusades. Pompeii was the "sin city" of the Roman empire. As such in those times, many of the women became or were pregnant or had small children that the husbands had never seen or knew nothing about when they returned. The women concocted a story of a mysterious "flying cock and balls" that would visit during the night and impregnate them.

When I was there, there were vendors at various places around the city that were selling these small keychain editions. I don't know what ever happened to mine, sure wish I could still find it.

Thanks for your service guys.

Ops NCO is online now "Call me Ops" Association Staff
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill46 View Post
    I'm not actually a member of your exclusive society, I just joined to answer this one post. I know the origin of the Flying Cock and Balls.

I visited Pompeii in 1969 and the symbol of that ancient city is the art work mentioned above in the post. The legend comes from the time of the Crusades. Pompeii was the "sin city" of the Roman empire. As such in those times, many of the women became or were pregnant or had small children that the husbands had never seen or knew nothing about when they returned. The women concocted a story of a mysterious "flying cock and balls" that would visit during the night and impregnate them.

When I was there, there were vendors at various places around the city that were selling these small keychain editions. I don't know what ever happened to mine, sure wish I could still find it.

...and thank you for yours.

That being said, per our site SOP, your first post should have been an introduction thread in the (where else?) "Introductions" forum. You're welcome to stick around, but if you do, please post an intro before you post anywhere else. Thanks. Ops
    11B2P
    B Company, 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
    Member of the original 505th PIR Gavin Squad - 1986

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill46 View Post

My father had one...he was career Navy and had many Med Cruises...he's passed on now but I believe its still in his jewelry box at my brother's place.
    27th EN(C)(A) Apr '72-Oct '74
    SFD(A)E Jun '81-Feb '84
    27th EN(C)(A) Feb '84-May '87
    JRTC EN O/C May '87-Dec '89

Thanks

They are actually Bushmaster wings. I have 'em in a desk drawer across the room.

Bushmaster1.jpg
    My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes. - Ronald Reagan, 11 August 1984.

Thanks

I had a cap made during my first tour in the ROK that had the Spread legs with a parachute between them and a scuba mask in the center. Over the top was embroidered "Skin, Sky, Muff...No Dive Too Tough!" I left it in the backseat of a young lady's car up in West Point, NY one summer....Damn she was HOT!!!!
    Mac
    "What you think we aren't.....we are!" Confederate Bushwhacker 1863

"Hell yes I'm UNSTABLE....I'm a VETERAN!"