Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 8th of November

1st SGT Larry Lane of B 3/325 ABCT wore that combat patch. He never said a word about it. We had the utmost respect for that man. In 1987 we were amazed that an older than the hills 40 year old could smoke the rest of us 20 year olds.

He caught Captain Merrigan after a long road march with nothing in his rucksack but an inflated waterproof bag...LOL

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

John. You are special in my opinion. Went through hell in Nam, and then for all the years past have went through hell for what you did, with determination and never give up. Prayers are out for you everyday, you a true Paratrooper!
    During WWII, A top Nazi General walked up to a Nazi officer and asked what he needed to win the War. The Nazi officer thought for a minute and said "Give me
    1000 Paratroopers!"

Well thanks RJ, but I volunteered for Airborne and I did NOT volunteer for all this health crap. I don't have any choice either. Fight the fight or give up are the choices.
    After the war, someone asked him why he stood alone against an entire German company. Audie Murphy replied:

They were killing my friends.

So come to find out my friend was not on LZ Xray and he got pretty upset at me thinking I was accusing him of claiming that he was. So I apologized, deleted the post, and am straightening out my claim here. He was with a Cav unit at that time and I conflated the two.
    After the war, someone asked him why he stood alone against an entire German company. Audie Murphy replied:

They were killing my friends.

No worries. Canít be expected to keep everyone elseís service records straight in your head Brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A-3-505 PIR (96-98)
    B-2-121 INF (Iraq 05)
    B-1-118 INF (Afghanistan 07)

I have a hard time remembering most things any more, like why did I say that.

Hell that's nothing. I got up yesterday in the middle of the night and urinated in the bedroom closet. My HH6 was really pissed (excuse the pun)
    During WWII, A top Nazi General walked up to a Nazi officer and asked what he needed to win the War. The Nazi officer thought for a minute and said "Give me
    1000 Paratroopers!"

Note to self, Don't invite RJ to spend the night.

Don't matter what stories anyone else tells, they have to live with it, ditto what Fish said