Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: EVERYBODY PLEASE READ! Important organizational announcement

Thanks

Exclamation EVERYBODY PLEASE READ! Important organizational announcement

As many of you are aware, since the inception of APO one of the goals of the website creator has been to use the site in a charitable means. In order to further this goal, as well as maintain a level of liability protection, a non-profit association was formed under provisions of the Texas Business Organizations Code, effective March 10, 2010. The impact of this change will vary in scope, and the purpose of this announcement is to inform you of the impending changes and address the questions that you will surely have. I am sure that I will not be able to think of and address all of the questions that you will come up with, so at the conclusion of this announcement please feel free to ask anything that may be on your mind.

What does this mean for ArmyParatrooper.org?

With permission from the owner, The Paratrooper Association (TPA) will use the armyparatrooper.org domain as its internet presence.

Is this just fluffy B.S.? What does this really mean?

Organizing as a non-profit association is recognized by provisions of the IRS code and laws of the State of Texas as a separate business entity. This allows certain benefits and flexibility under the law from both charitable and liability perspectives. Additionally, there is now a Board of Directors that will guide the direction of the Association. The Board members are Chris Allison, Jim Sullivan, and Michael Allison.

How will I be affected? Should I freak out because the APO as I know it will be changing?

No. Relax Francis, it’ll be fine. Firstly, APO will continue to function as it currently exists. The leadership team you have come to know on the forums as Administrators, Moderators, etc. will continue in their roles for the most part. However, some of them will now have formal titles as Officers, staff members, and employees of the Association like you would find at any company. Secondly, as an individual, you will not be affected. Although the Association organizing documents provides for membership in the Association, the Board of Directors has decided at this time not to include any members. Let me break this into two parts – the website itself and the community forums.

The website overall: First, you will begin to notice some changes on the homepage of APO including the name of the website and publishing of documents such as the Articles of Association, Bylaws, Association Organizational chart (chain of command), biographies of the Board of Directors and Association Officers, and some other administrative items that signal the change of the organization. You will also notice that the messages on the pages will begin to take on a certain charitable “flavor”, explaining the charitable mission, encouraging participation, etc. Some of you probably didn’t even know there ARE other parts to the website besides the forums. J

The community forums: Although there will be some minor changes, the forums will remain intact and operate as normal. Although they will be used in part to conduct business of the Association, they remain separate from the Association itself. In other words, unless noted otherwise, posts, threads, etc. will not constitute the opinion, stance, etc. of the Association itself. The most severe change you will notice is a shift in the content policy of the forums, mainly having to do with the public side. However, the fundamental atmosphere will not be altered.

What are some of the programs that TPA plans on undertaking?

The foremost mission of the Association is to continue providing for the fellowship of Paratroopers. There are many ideas for charitable activities, but one of the first that is planned for implementation is the full financial funding of the two major annual reunions that take place (The Sizzler and the Texas Gathering). Of course this depends on the generosity of the members of APO (in terms of both time and financially). Down the road, some of the other ideas that the Board of Directors is considering are:

· Establishment of a scholarship fund
    · Facilitation of informal counseling for combat veterans
    · Donation of funds to other established non-profit veteran organizations (e.g. Wounded Warrior Project)

Can I become an Officer or other member of the Association?

To further the mission of the Association we will need to lean heavily on people that are willing to lend their time and expertise. There will be some roles that will need to be filled within TPA and our hope is that some of you will be willing to donate some of your time. More on that will be coming in the future.

Will I get paid as an Officer or other staff member of the Association?

TPA offers a generous compensation package – just ask the Admins and Mods. TPA is prepared to compensate Officers and other staff members of the Association with a hearty boot in the ass. In other words, shut the hell up! J

Will my donations to the site be tax deductible?

At some point in the future, yes. Unfortunately, the federal government imposes a fairly hefty fee to apply for tax exempt status. Therefore, currently the donations made to The Paratrooper Association will not be tax deductible; however, as soon as financially feasible the Board of Directors will apply to the IRS for 501(c)(3) [tax exempt] status.

If you have any questions or comments, let ‘em rip.

Yours in brotherhood,

Chris Allison
    Executive Director
    The Paratrooper Association

P.S.

E.S.F.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AP dot Org For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: EVERYBODY PLEASE READ! Important organizational announcement

Esta Segundo Familia?

We can be the righteous version.

Sign me up. I'm willing to give heartily to the Texas Gathering in time and $$.

As for officerhood, I know myself enough to know I'm a great guy to bounce ideas off. But day to day admin I suck at.

Ask and you shall receive; Lead and I will follow;....... All that stuff.

Z.
    I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible and die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor and that of his country. VICTORY or DEATH.
    William Barret Travis

11M1PC2/KG5CDZ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well I did. Should we post concerns or questions in this thread? Or just STFU and wait for further instructions?
    "a hundred-dollar shine on a three-dollar pair of shoes."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RockOut View Post
    Well I did. Should we post concerns or questions in this thread? Or just STFU and wait for further instructions?
    Feel free to fire away here.

Thanks

proud to have served 1980-1995. count me in for whatever i can do...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by primoforces View Post
    proud to have served 1980-1995. count me in for whatever i can do...
    Thanks for finding us primo. Could you please follow the Site's SOP and make a proper intro thread in the link below.

http://www.armyparatrooper.org/dropz...-Introductions

Thanks for your service.
    Bring on the Sizzler

"508 All the Way, Sir"
    "Thou shalt not be a victim. Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer
    I believe the Best Social Program is a Job - Ronald Reagan

Thanks

I am in! just let me know what is expected of me Bro and I will do all I can to help.
    AATW

Some people are meant to be COPS and others are meant to call us.

Thanks

Cool Re: EVERYBODY PLEASE READ! Important organizational announcement

IMO, It sounds like a well thought out idea and I am all for helping any Vet who may need it. But I will not ask any wild questions until I have read all the BLs, etc'

Sounds great to me so far....."SALSA"

Thanks

Sounds good so far

Of course more than willing to help out in any manner necessary

Thanks

I will also help out which ever way is possible and needed.

Thanks

Sounds like a Great Plan to me Bro; guess you want me to get the coffee and donuts or is that shadow's job?
    "Lobotomy means never having to say you're sorry."

Tom Servo, Mystery Science Theater 3000

Thanks

I am in
    Zulu-

Thanks

Sounds like a good plan. I will continue to promote this site through DAV Chapter 12 Paris Ky. I will continue to assist any Disabled Veteran. AIRBORNE! GERONIMO!!

Thanks

Vice President, 505th Panther Association
    Past National Director, 82nd Airborne Division Association
    Past Secretary Low Country All Airborne Chapter, 82nd Airborne Division Association

They paid me in beer.........

If you need my help.........holla.

Thanks

Sweet! Re: EVERYBODY PLEASE READ! Important organizational announcement

Quote Originally Posted by AP dot Org View Post

Will I get paid as an Officer or other staff member of the Association?

TPA offers a generous compensation package – just ask the Admins and Mods. TPA is prepared to compensate Officers and other staff members of the Association with a hearty boot in the ass. In other words, shut the hell up! J
    My favorite part.
    B 3/75

Closed Thread