Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CIB Association

Thanks

Default CIB Association

I am not endorsing anything here, just relating my experience. I was working a gun show up her in MA, ( tough in this neck of the woods), and I ran into a guy wearing a LRRP hat, a very humble man but from what I can tell (I used to love reading the LRRP books, and the few heroes I have met) he was the real mccoy. He invited me to the local CIB association meeting. What a awesome experience. The local chapter had so much history there that I could have spent the whole week there talking to these Warriors. The chapter commander was a guard during the Nuremburg trials and served numerous tours in Korea. These heroes were tripping over themselves just to tell me about their history, me of all people, Iraq sucked but nothing compared to WWII,Korea or Vietnam. I was set back and for once in my life just sat back and kept my mouth shut. I was honored just to be accepted by these true american hero's. It made me remember to thank those that came before us, so Thanks to all you Veterans out there, tell your story so that others will understand the sacrafice and cost of freedom. Out Here!
    -Persevere or GFY!- me

Ops NCO is offline "Call me Ops" Association Staff
    Thanks

Default Re: CIB Association

That's a club I wish I was a part of. Enjoy it; you've earned it.
    11B2P
    B Company, 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
    Member of the original 505th PIR Gavin Squad - 1986

Thanks

Great thread. Funny thing is I noticed awhile back I don't have the CIB on my DD214. Should have cared more during ETS.

http://cibassoc.com/applications/

MAC, do you? I was pinned in country at Mercury.
    11B2P. 1/504 Parachute Infantry Regiment

Who among mortal men are you, good friend?
    Since never before have I seen you in the fighting where men win glory,
    yet now you have come striding far out in front of all others in your great heart . . .

- Homer, The Illiad

Thanks

I was proud to join the CIB Association; problem was,I lived near Chicago and they assigned me to a company in South Carolina. I was only contacted when the company had raffle tickets to sell; not even welcomed when I first joined,except at the Association level. So, I let my membership lapse and still never heard from them. Xin Loi.
    Proud to be a Vietnam Veteran.

Thanks

Just about the same thing happened to me. So now, I have stopped belonging to any of what I call so-called military organizations, they only want my money.

Thanks

I went through the same deal with raffle tickets and not much else. They did start some luncheons at Fort Jackson but I never participated. Coincidentally, I am doing a CIB Ceremony for some of my troopers headed back. I can't let them go back to the states without representing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Machine View Post
    Great thread. Funny thing is I noticed awhile back I don't have the CIB on my DD214. Should have cared more during ETS.

If can prove that you were in actual combat, you can get this corrected.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Machine View Post

Yes I do and you should have got orders stating something to the effect of "AWARD: Combat Infantryman Badge (1st)". Yeah I was in that battalion formation too. If you can't find any documents let me know brother, I think I can help out.

Thanks

I intend on joining next year when my age will decrease the membership fee. I've heard the stories about the various vet orgs having poor relations back in the 70's when Vietnam vets came home and began joining their ranks. WWII vets did not offer many warm welcomes. However, it's a different era populating the bulk of these groups today. Times change. People change. Refusing to join veteran organizations will never benefit us. They're established to reunite us. If you don't like the way they're run, join up and change it.

`
    1. Look Before You Turn 2. Turn Right to Avoid Collisions 3. Lower Jumper has the Right of Way

Thanks

Lol,
    They gave me my CIB, and I earned my EIB. As for the CIB Assocation, I never heard of it until I read this thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 18C4V View Post
    Lol,
    They gave me my CIB, and I earned my EIB. As for the CIB Assocation, I never heard of it until I read this thread.
    That's a good point. There are a fair number of people like yourself who didn't earn a CIB and assign little value to it. To others, it's the most important badge they possess. This association wouldn't mean much to you and those in your same situation. That is quite understandable. I wish I could recall which MOH recipient said his most cherished award was his CIB. The point being, it holds a different level of value for different people. I felt a definite sense of accomplishment when I received my EIB. However, I very proudly replaced it with my CIB within a year.

`
    1. Look Before You Turn 2. Turn Right to Avoid Collisions 3. Lower Jumper has the Right of Way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lower_Jumper View Post
    That's a good point. There are a fair number of people like yourself who didn't earn a CIB and assign little value to it. To others, it's the most important badge they possess. This association wouldn't mean much to you and those in your same situation. That is quite understandable. I wish I could recall which MOH recipient said his most cherished award was his CIB. The point being, it holds a different level of value for different people. I felt a definite sense of accomplishment when I received my EIB. However, I very proudly replaced it with my CIB within a year.

`
    Actually I didn't explain myself. I've been in a shit load of firefights to include being submitted for BSM-V. My last trip, my team picked up four PH's from four separte incidents. They gave me my CIB for being cool under fire and returning fire multiple times and doing my job. Everyone on my team has a CIB, but there's only three of us who have an EIB.

Thanks

I should have clarified this earlier. It is actually "The Combat Infantryman's Association," not the CIB Association. Believe me, I am very proud of my CIB; I was not so enamored of the Association,though, as I explained.
    Proud to be a Vietnam Veteran.

Thanks

To me it is meeting some of americas greatest, not really what I have done because compared to a 91yr old double glider assault vet that we have I really have not done alot. THis guy said " I did not know how dangerouse it was until I watched it on the history channel. We have alot of awesome vets due to 10th SFG(A) headquarters being up the road before they moved in 95. Another guy was in WWII, Korea,Vietnam and actived as a CSM from retirement to help with Desert Storm. They are super humble and happy to have young blood. These guys have P38's with more combat time than alot of units. Great Guys. I was mistaken it is the Combat Infantrymans Association not CIB.
    -Persevere or GFY!- me

Thanks

@ SOTAINRI--- I know what you mean about the humbling thing. I have helped out a couple of times with veterans things for Veterans Day or July 4th and II have had many a Vietnam Vet tell me thank you for your service. At first I didn't know what to say, but then I started just thanking them back and letting them know that we, their military progeny were forever indebted to their sacrifice. Without them we wouldn't be here, and it was I who should be thanking them not the other way around. I agree with you too, from what I have read and although I understand war is an ever evolving animal, their trials in combat were worse than what we had to deal with in Iraq or Afghanistan by and large.