Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Wings and badges.....

Thanks

Default Re: Wings and badges.....

I means to be at ground zero for this years festivities. Gotta start studying for Jumpmaster and get in some good graces once I get back to Mecca.

Thanks

Default Wings and badges.....

Almost all the SOF week toy drops got cancelled, including mine. I was manifested for Dutch wings. :sad:
    What you know about growin' beards, haters?

Thanks

THAT sucks . Those are awesome wings especially when you're on status because you get them with the star on the bottom. On top of that SOF week is how I got five jumps in a week back in '09 when Division was gone. Like I said before somewhere else, I'll bring some good weather this year and hopefully a chunk of Division gets orders for the 'Stan to free up some slots.

Thanks

No wings, but went thru French Commando #7 in December of 1983

Thanks

We (British army) are only allowed one set of foreign wings and this only on our smock. The only time I got away with more than one was at the Arnhem commemoration when I wore my German wings (not very diplomatic but they were sewn on) and my honorary membership badge of the Polish Parachute Association, gold level. Not strictly jump wings but an award I am very proud of. This was back before the wall came down and anyone had Polish wings. The Poles loved it, the Dutch loved it, my Regimental Sergeant Major was less impressed but I had a permission from the Regimental Adjutant so I was alright. The retribution of a thwarted RSM came later and at great length.

I can also wear:
    US at all three grades - each for a different event.
    German - bronze
    French
    Dutch

My British wings are, obviously the usual sort (military parachute badge, with wings, airborne) and Assistant Parachute Jump Instructor.

We had an American exchange officer once (Special Forces) who jumped with us at the Arnhem commemoration wearing five parachute badges of different sorts. Didn't save him from having to be carried off the DZ with his arm in a sling. Oh how we laughed.

Thanks

The two on the left are British wings both silver and gold versions are worn on tropical dress i.e. white dress uniforms there seems to be no rule but gold tends to be on mess dress and silver on others.

The Polish wings look like the standard award (without operational jump which would add a gold wreath). They should be numbered on the back. There is a book which records all the names to numbers of wartime awards. It has been scanned onto the web so good luck in finding it.

Thanks

Sorry the above was in reply to old 13foxtrot.

Thanks

Got my British wings in Aldershot with the B Co 3/325 ABCT USAEUR CMC team in the late 80's and we got a jeweler in Vicenza to make gold-plated metal ones to wear in dress uniform. They wouldn't let us wear cloth ones on our BDU's but got to wear them later in the TXARNG.

Thanks

My favorite, Peruvian Navy Airborne Wings 2009 IMG_1057 (2)333.jpg