Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck on a Flagpole

Thanks

Default Truck on a Flagpole

So everyone has probably heard about what is in the truck of a flagpole on an army post. I just wonder if it is true. Are there any post commanders around that can tell us what their orders are in case a post gets taken by the enemy?

Thanks

Default Re: Truck on a Flagpole

That was the only question i missed on my E-5 board. Question? How many trucks are on FT.BRAGG? Answer:SGT MAJOR do you want an estimate or exact number if exact ill have to get back to you on that one. Iwas toatally thinking Vehicle. Must not of counted against me cause i maxed the board.Later that day my 1SG told me SGM ment to ask what a truck was and what was in it.
    " Show me a man that will jump out of an airplane, and i'll show you a man who'll fight."
    General James M. Gavin " Jumping Jim "

Thanks

Interesting. I had honestly never heard of this and found all sorts of stuff when I Googled-it. Snopes has an article about it, too.
    11B2P
    B Company, 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
    Member of the original 505th PIR Gavin Squad - 1986

Thanks

got me curious now.....
    "

Gorilla Deuce
    Gunslingers Live Forever

Thanks

Interesting.

I'll use the .38 on the terminators though, thanks but no thanks on saving a round for me.

Snopes was obviously written by a civilian.

المتخلف اللص

Thanks

There is only one truck on a army installation it is at building one. It is the little gold ball on top of the flag pole. It has a razor blade, match, and a .45 round either in or around the pole. The razor blade is to cut the stars out of the flag. The match is to burn the flag. The bullet is for the commander to shoot himself to keep secrets from falling into enemy hands. I wonder if they changed to bullet to a 9mm and who is tasked to change it? Has anybody ever verified that the contents are there? It just seems a little far out there to be true. But it must be true because my chief said so.

Thanks

There shouldn't be any of that stuff in there. If the enemy is taking over the post, it better be because you're lying on the ground dead with an empty weapon and six spent magazines.

Thanks

I can see this as being legit from Civil War accounts of men saving/honoring the colors and flags.

المتخلف اللص

Thanks

When I was at Bragg there where two trucks on post.One at 18th Corps,and the other was at Division HQ.
    LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS !

Thanks

I was also told by my Drill Sergeant that a .45 was buried in a box at the base of the flag poles. Of course this is all true! Now all you need is to get a shovel and go collect all the free guns!
    MAC11B3V is PROUD of Vietnam veterans!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MAC11B3V View Post
    I was also told by my Drill Sergeant that a .45 was buried in a box at the base of the flag poles. Of course this is all true! Now all you need is to get a shovel and go collect all the free guns!
    No need, brother; according to the Brady Campaign and Washington Cease Fire our streets are flooded with them.

Thanks

Cool Re: Truck on a Flagpole

NOT AN URBAN MYTH
    yes it is true it was a question i studied for before my e5 board
    if you recall for flag detail you are also given a hatchet
    also generally only single service members that are not only children
    the hatchet is for the porpose of choping down the one flag pole on post with the tnk point
    the pole is to be cut into 13 pices to symbolize the og 13 colonies
    the razor is to cut the star and out separate all the stripes
    the matches are for the pyre
    and the bullet regardless of its callibler is for the last person to finish them selves (calliber inconsquncial the detail is armed anyhow)

repeat NOT AN URBAN MYTH
    and yes most of the other sites are done by civies
    likewise all tnk points other than the one at division hq (or the equivalent at other armed forces baces)
    are the only real ones

think that one is crazy find the procedure for the final chk of an erea that sould be clear of biological or nerve agents
    the last step is the lowest man on the totem pole is told 'had me you weapon' 'now remover your promask and take a deep breath' then they are observed for 30 mins for signs of the kickin chicken

Thanks

You know what else isn't an Urban Myth? The story about the Army Paratrooper website that requires an intro as your first post. Really it is true. Now make it happen please.
    FAVORITE POSTS:

"Dr. Phil is not a member of this site."

- Recondo82 -

"As far as religious beliefs go, my Labrador Retriever thinks I'm God; I hate to disappoint her."
    -Purple-

"Besides...the fallen speak to me at night and they told me to help you with that rucksack. Let them take a knee around you and pull security while you rest once in a while. They're still patrolling."
    -Kilted Heathen-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Draconion View Post
    NOT AN URBAN MYTH
    yes it is true it was a question i studied for before my e5 board
    if you recall for flag detail you are also given a hatchet
    also generally only single service members that are not only children
    the hatchet is for the porpose of choping down the one flag pole on post with the tnk point
    the pole is to be cut into 13 pices to symbolize the og 13 colonies
    the razor is to cut the star and out separate all the stripes
    the matches are for the pyre
    and the bullet regardless of its callibler is for the last person to finish them selves (calliber inconsquncial the detail is armed anyhow)

repeat NOT AN URBAN MYTH
    and yes most of the other sites are done by civies
    likewise all tnk points other than the one at division hq (or the equivalent at other armed forces baces)
    are the only real ones

think that one is crazy find the procedure for the final chk of an erea that sould be clear of biological or nerve agents
    the last step is the lowest man on the totem pole is told 'had me you weapon' 'now remover your promask and take a deep breath' then they are observed for 30 mins for signs of the kickin chicken
    the base is being run over and you ar to cur the pole into 13 pieces with a hatchet? A metal pole with a hatchet? okay you sold me on that one............
    FAVORITE POSTS:

"Dr. Phil is not a member of this site."

- Recondo82 -

"As far as religious beliefs go, my Labrador Retriever thinks I'm God; I hate to disappoint her."
    -Purple-

"Besides...the fallen speak to me at night and they told me to help you with that rucksack. Let them take a knee around you and pull security while you rest once in a while. They're still patrolling."
    -Kilted Heathen-

Thanks

Paratroopers of course I'm no Expert on the subject, but my Army Instructor always told me the ball on top is to be the last round fired from an Artillery gun if you're being attacked and then the commander has a .45 in his office with one bullet. That's what I was told though.
    Pro Deo Et Patria.