Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Paratrooper Injuries: Their Visibility, Prevalence and Life Impact

Thanks

Default Re: Paratrooper Injuries: Their Visibility, Prevalence and Life Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Guymullins View Post
    Well that proves the point. If your autos are a pleasure to deal with, I can imagine what your battleships are like.The marines I am speaking about qualified as paratroopers here, either in Rhodesia or South Africa, so became fully fledged paratroopers as well as fully fledged marines. Great fighters, very popular and very humble.
    I would think that any Rhodesian or S.A. Paratrooper would be pretty cquared away. Based on the history of the two countries, especially Rhodesia, I would think you have some pretty hard chargers.
    Zulu-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zuluzerosix View Post
    I would think that any Rhodesian or S.A. Paratrooper would be pretty cquared away. Based on the history of the two countries, especially Rhodesia, I would think you have some pretty hard chargers.
    Some RLI guys had more combat jumps than non-combat jumps. It was not uncommon for a stick to do 2 combat jumps per day and I think the individual record was 3 or 4 in a single day.
    That which is not forbidden, is compulsory.

Thanks

Some RLI guys had more combat jumps than non-combat jumps. It was not uncommon for a stick to do 2 combat jumps per day and I think the individual record was 3 or 4 in a single day.
    I'm tryin ta get manifested with those guys ^
    ALL THAT WE ASK IS THAT YOU BE PERFECT AND FAST

A.F.&A.M. of the Drop-Zone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneCA View Post
    I'm tryin ta get manifested with those guys ^
    To late she cried. Since majority rule, there is nothing left . The country cant pay attention, never mind soldiers.

Thanks

I have just had a look at my records. One young trooper holds the record of 73 operational jumps.

Thanks

If a stick is doing that many combat jumps in a day, how much engagement could they have on the ground? Is it because the terrain is so difficult (i.e. mountainous, dense jungle) that it is more efficient to have the paratroopers do a mission in a limited area, get them out and drop them in another area that has limited movement, rather than having them try to move from one area to another?

Thanks

Geronimo.

When you say,

Quote Originally Posted by GERONIMO View Post
    comparing an Airborne qualified Marine to a fully qualified US ARMY Paratrooper is like comparing an automobile to a battleship. AIRBORNE! GERONIMO!!
    what do you see as the differences? It sounds like you might be saying that for the Marines the Airborne qualification is a one of many qualifications that a Marine might have which is used sometimes, but for an Army paratrooper the qualification denotes a way of life that is integrated on a daily basis with all the other skills and qualifications that an Army paratrooper uses. That's just my interpretation of what you might mean.

From the Marines that I have known, I don't remember them talking much about parachuting into a combat area. Mostly they've talked about coming in via plane or helicopter without a jump or Navy LCAC. For Army paratroopers, jumping in seems to be a much more likely way to get there.

Thanks

Hey, boys and girls! If you're active in sport but sometimes this makes you suffer, I'd recommend you to visit this source and find out how to avoid various injuries http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/how-t...nning-injuries

Ops NCO is offline "Call me Ops" Association Staff
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flower8 View Post
    Hey, boys and girls! If you're active in sport but sometimes this makes you suffer, I'd recommend you to visit this source and find out how to avoid various injuries http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/how-t...nning-injuries
    Thanks.

That being said, per the site SOP, your first post should be an introduction thread in the "Introductions" area of the site. We like to know who is giving us advice. See you there.
    11B2P
    B Company, 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
    Member of the original 505th PIR Gavin Squad - 1986

Thanks

Hi, i'm a vet, an 82nd Airborne Paratrooper Vet with numerous jumps under my belt. I'm suffering from Myelopathy which is a spinal degenerative desease which comes from compression of the spinal cord...the only thing about this desease is that it sometimes takes years to present itself in the form of chronic pain down your back, your legs and arms...I'm 55yrs. old now and am suffering tremendously...Is there anyone else out there, ex-paratrooper suffering from this same thing?, or has anyone read anything supportive to a vet claiming compensation? If so, please respond asap, I'd appreciate it greatly.