Thread: wearing jump boots to a leg ball

Thanks

Question wearing jump boots to a leg ball

I have a military ball coming up, with the leg unit that I deployed with. I am still attached to the legs as of right now. Since I am a paratrooper, would I be authorized to wear jump boots with my class A's even though its not an Airborne unit?

Thanks

Default Re: wearing jump boots to a leg ball

To be honest, since the Army went Black Beret wide, I haven't seen anyone wearing the leg boots. Seems like every swinging dick I see Leg, Guard, Air Guard etc are wearing jump boots in class A's. Don't think any one would say anything. If they did, point to the wings on your chest.
    FAVORITE POSTS:

"Dr. Phil is not a member of this site."

- Recondo82 -

"As far as religious beliefs go, my Labrador Retriever thinks I'm God; I hate to disappoint her."
    -Purple-

"Besides...the fallen speak to me at night and they told me to help you with that rucksack. Let them take a knee around you and pull security while you rest once in a while. They're still patrolling."
    -Kilted Heathen-

Thanks

Balls are usually semi-formal, i.e. White Shirt & Bowtie or Blues. In that case low quarters are the uniform. Sorry bro.

"Where is the prince who can afford so to cover his country with troops for its defense, so that ten thousand men descending from the clouds might not,in many places, do an infinite deal of mischief before a force could be brought together to repel them?" -Benjamin Franklin, 1784

italyjumper

Yup...military balls should be in dress greens or dress blues.

White shirt, bowtie, and low quarters..

If in doubt, just ask your psg about uniforms.

Thanks

What italyjumper said.

Legs get their feelings hurt easy.
    Light engineers must be proficient in marksmanship, demolitions, light infantry skills, and field-expedient engineering. Because of the austere conditions in which they operate, light engineers must have knowledge of all weapons in their unit, an intimate understanding of the weapons systems of the forces they support, and a working knowledge of the enemies' weapons. The close combat skills of light engineers must be unequaled. They must hold total confidence in their abilities to apply these skills and tools.
    FM 5-7-30

317th Eng (Combat Mech)
    864th Eng (Combat Hvy)
    A&B Plt. (ABN), 6th Eng, 6th ID (Arctic Light)
    Co.C. 307th Eng. (ABN), 82nd Airborne Div.

Thanks

Wait a second, I just re-read that. Your deployed and your going to a Ball?????? WTF?? Is this an Air Force leg unit?
    FAVORITE POSTS:

"Dr. Phil is not a member of this site."

- Recondo82 -

"As far as religious beliefs go, my Labrador Retriever thinks I'm God; I hate to disappoint her."
    -Purple-

"Besides...the fallen speak to me at night and they told me to help you with that rucksack. Let them take a knee around you and pull security while you rest once in a while. They're still patrolling."
    -Kilted Heathen-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Skyshark View Post
    Wait a second, I just re-read that. Your deployed and your going to a Ball?????? WTF?? Is this an Air Force leg unit?
    I'm pretty sure he came home Bro.
    Light engineers must be proficient in marksmanship, demolitions, light infantry skills, and field-expedient engineering. Because of the austere conditions in which they operate, light engineers must have knowledge of all weapons in their unit, an intimate understanding of the weapons systems of the forces they support, and a working knowledge of the enemies' weapons. The close combat skills of light engineers must be unequaled. They must hold total confidence in their abilities to apply these skills and tools.
    FM 5-7-30

317th Eng (Combat Mech)
    864th Eng (Combat Hvy)

Thanks

Even if you are on jump status, you wear the low quarters. I went to the Signal Regimental Ball on Bragg while on AD, on Jump status, and EVERYBODY wore low quarters. I know, its sucks. Take a knee, drink water cause the fact of the matter is, doesnt matter if its an airborne unit or not, doesnt matter if you have wings or not, its a ball, meaning no boots, no unit crests, no beret, no unit awards unless they were presented to the unit for the time period you were in/attached to it. Whitse dress shirt, bow tie. Enjoy the ball Cinderella.
    Last edited by Stryker15-31; 01-15-2009 at 11:17 AM.
    militarysignatures.com
    Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. -General George S. Patton, Jr.
    Meine Ehre heißt Treue-My Honor is called Loyalty-Waffen SS Motto

Thanks

I think you would wear low quarters....(that sucks) But when in Rome do as the Romans do.....

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter
    and those that matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Suess

Thanks

Wear low quarters even though it sucks now go find a baby whale to take to the ball. You must go hawging at least once.

Thanks

You might get away with blousing you're socks though.
    "Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done."
    George Bush 9/2001

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frybyrd1 View Post
    You might get away with blousing you're socks though.

could try blue jeans, a Hawaiian shirt, and flip-flops also, but assuming your CSM is going to be there, I wouldn't recommend it.
    FM 5-7-30

317th Eng (Combat Mech)
    864th Eng (Combat Hvy)

Ops NCO is offline "Call me Ops" Association Staff
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho7 View Post
    Wear low quarters even though it sucks now go find a baby whale to take to the ball. You must go hawging at least once.
    Best advice of the thread. You must do this....

Quote Originally Posted by 307th_ACE View Post
    could try blue jeans, a Hawaiian shirt, and flip-flops also, but assuming your CSM is going to be there, I wouldn't recommend it.
    Second best advice of the thread. If you don't do this, you may no longer call yourself a fire-breathing paratrooper....

That is all.
    11B2P
    B Company, 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
    Member of the original 505th PIR Gavin Squad - 1986