I have one I can send. PM your address.
    E co 505 PIR
    D co 2/505 PIR
    HHC 1/87 10th Mountain
    MFer

Thanks

Default 18th ABN Corps Recondo School - Summer? 1977

Greetings,

I went during warm weather in 1977 but don't remember the class, it's been 33 years.
    From reading these other posts, I can tell they must have re-opened the school. They closed it after my class due to leadership problems at the school. We started with two platoons and finished with about 12 guys.

It was a hoot though, and really good training. It was the reason I went to the 1/75th.

Thanks

Default Re: 18th ABN Corps Recondo School Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    Was SSG Sicard your instructor in PNCOC or PLDC?
    In PNCOC
    At some point in your life you must look in the mirror and decide if you like what you see.

Thanks

TO ALL THE LRRP, LRP, RGR, SF, LRS, RECON, SCOUT, SNIPERS, COOKS, ETC MERRY CHRISTMAS....

I don't believe I'm asking for this help BUT I NEED A CLOTH OD XVIII ABN CORP RECONDO PATCH...I had some???? I am designing my own version of what would be known as a shadow box and I do not want to use metal badges for any RECONDO PATCH.....CONTACT ME IF you know where I can get one....THANKS

I've looked several times for a replacement, and I've never seen one for sale. Actually, I can't find any that look like the one we had. There should't really be anything but subdued, because as far as I know that was the only uniform you could wear it on. There wasn't a "dress" version for ours. The black & white one (I think it's in your sig) depicted above is more like ours, but I may have it confused with the one that said LRRP and came from RVN. One of my platoon sergeants had one of those.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dav View Post
    I've looked several times for a replacement, and I've never seen one for sale. Actually, I can't find any that look like the one we had. There should't really be anything but subdued, because as far as I know that was the only uniform you could wear it on. There wasn't a "dress" version for ours. The black & white one (I think it's in your sig) depicted above is more like ours, but I may have it confused with the one that said LRRP and came from RVN. One of my platoon sergeants had one of those.
    The patch in Brasso's signature is the MACV Recondo patch. The patch in my avatar is the 18th Airborne Corps Recondo patch. There was a dress version (picture below), but I don't remember a lot of people wearing it. Didn't wear our dress uniforms much anyway.
    Recondo dress1.jpg
    "You see, in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

118th MP Co (ABN) '83-'86
    "Heaven Sent, Hell Bent"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by recondo82 View Post
    The patch in Brasso's signature is the MACV Recondo patch. The patch in my avatar is the 18th Airborne Corps Recondo patch. There was a dress version (picture below), but I don't remember a lot of people wearing it. Didn't wear our dress uniforms much anyway.
    Recondo dress1.jpg
    I've got the dress version one and have it in my shadow box. I also hooked up Brasso with a subdued one.
    E co 505 PIR
    D co 2/505 PIR
    HHC 1/87 10th Mountain
    MFer

Thanks

Here are some examples of the crazy shit that they had
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

TRY FOR MORE

Thanks

DAM THERE ALL SCREWED UP

Thanks

Class 01-82 - 1Sgt William Tate and SFC Joe Rorem Era, I think it was Oct 1981. MSG Joe Rorem (RET.) sends his regards....

Thanks

Hey Joe, MSG Lou Wig (RET), sends his regards and a hearty, "CHEERS", back at you!!!
    27th EN(C)(A) Apr '72-Oct '74
    SFD(A)E Jun '81-Feb '84
    27th EN(C)(A) Feb '84-May '87
    JRTC EN O/C May '87-Dec '89

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by old13foxtrot View Post
    Class 01-82 - 1Sgt William Tate and SFC Joe Rorem Era, I think it was Oct 1981. MSG Joe Rorem (RET.) sends his regards....
    Are you sure it was 1981. I worked at Recondo with Joe Rorem from Jan 84 till the summer of 85. So it must have been 83, since he was a SERE Instructor before he became the 1SG at the XVIII Abn Corps Recondo. Tell him SSG (then) Joey Welsh who worked at Recondo in 84-85 said hello....Thanks "SALSA"

Thanks

Are you sure it was 1981. I worked at Recondo with Joe Rorem from Jan 84 till the summer of 85. So it must have been 83, since he was a SERE Instructor before he became the 1SG at the XVIII Abn Corps Recondo. Tell him SSG (then) Joey Welsh who worked at Recondo in 84-85 said hello....Thanks "SALSA"
    Hello Joe, I went to see Joe Rorem this morning and I took a copy of the post. He asked me to make sure I let you know he appreciated the shout out and he wished you all the best. He then dug out his copy of the picture with you fellas standing by the Admin shack. Then we started talking about Recondo school, again! Joe always has lots of good stories and fond memories.

So, to answer your earlier question, yup, we were both there. Joe was on staff at Recondo School a couple times. He was already there in 81 when 1SGT William Tate came on board. He worked there for awhile then went to the 508th, then SERE committee with Col. Rowe, then back to Recondo School again. You fellas met when he was there for tour #2. Joe found and gave me a Recondo School training schedule for Class 02-82! (Nov 1981) I found this very strange because I went through in class 01-82. (Oct-1981) Why Joe hung on to it we can only guess. We found it sort of funny that so many years later, he would find this thing and actually show it to a student that could remember it.

One of the more interesting items for me, and I would guess you as well (remembering Joe), is the following:

SUN 8 NOV 81 -1200-1300 - Religious Services - RBC Class Room - Chaplin (SFC Rorem) - FM 16-5 - Fatigues

Attending any instruction given by SFC Rorem was always highly motivational. This is probably the first time I would have ever looked forward to going to Sunday Service.

Wish I could say all my memories of the place were fond, but, you'll understand I was a student! It was the BEST training I ever had. Thanks for the opportunity from all us old students.

Thanks

You know while I was writing that reply, part of my mind was saying (HE WAS THERE BEFORE!!) I tried yo recall that.....but my memory is shot....but as soon as I read it THEN I confirmed that we had talked about his first time there briefly....wow that's wild....Thanks for relaying the info so it's been 26 years since I seen him....RLTW

Thanks

Hey Brasso, I remember meeting you on more than one occasion there, I was an instructor there from Jun 84 to Apr 85...I was from the 27th Engr Bn/ 20th Engr Bde...I had just come back from Germany...

Cheers, Mate!
    27th EN(C)(A) Apr '72-Oct '74
    SFD(A)E Jun '81-Feb '84
    27th EN(C)(A) Feb '84-May '87
    JRTC EN O/C May '87-Dec '89