Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AR-15: DI to Piston conversion. Anyone tried?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Before buying a kit make sure your hand guard will fit or you will be spending more $$$ than planned. If you can check out the LWRC hand guards and see how easy they come off for cleaning and lube.
    Thanks Brother!
    (Belated) Adams Arms' Sr. Gunsmith responded timely. My handguard and barrel nut are the problem: they WON'T fit their kit. Nice to know before shelling out my hard-earned pesos.
    I might just start saving for a new upper. Adams Arms, Faxon Firearms, or others...

Merry Christmas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SGT.Raven View Post
    Thanks Brother!
    (Belated) Adams Arms' Sr. Gunsmith responded timely. My handguard and barrel nut are the problem: they WON'T fit their kit. Nice to know before shelling out my hard-earned pesos.
    I might just start saving for a new upper. Adams Arms, Faxon Firearms, or others...

Merry Christmas!!!
    Always good to have extra parts.

Keeping my eyes on this one:
    WOLF A1 AR 15 UPPER T91 GAS PISTON OPERATING SYSTEM FOR THE ULTIMATE RELIABILITY
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0

FWIW and My .02
    Looks like too many parts, I did not hear any mention of Free Float and looking at the site pictures it does not appear to be a free floated barrel.
    No Picatinny or other mounting options for any accessories forward of the upper.

Agree on all. After ("another") serious consideration, I have to hit a "reset" button.
    I have a Warrior friend (to whom I've been introduced by "our very own"), who have few (and DI only) AR-15 rifles (with Stag being a favorite one), and used M4 extensively around the all imaginable world's shitholes, having it jammed only ONCE during the series of severe moondust storms.
    Even taking the Zombie Apocalypse or 5th Column commie upraising into consideration (and far short of Red Dawn shitty re-make), I don't see getting anywhere near to our Warriors' rate of use.
    Thinking of adding the (piston-driven) 7.62x39 upper to the lineup (and a sanity "backup):
    http://www.preparedgunowners.com/201...rpose-carbine/

Leave it to you Raven to whet my appetite for yet another firearm choice! Now I want a 7.62 shorty carbine! (Maybe I should just concentrate on a conversion (.300 BO) for what I have...)

Verified Military

From what I have researched on piston systems, if you get one get one factory built. Alot of the add o s can be finicky. I couldn't justify one cause I do t shoot an ass load of Rounds a year. Yes they do keep your rifle cooler and cleaner. For the amount I shoot a year I am.happy with what I have.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk