Thread: Triangle Type Pistol Sights

Thanks

WTF? Triangle Type Pistol Sights

I'm getting ready to replace my Hennie Straight 8 night sights on my Glock 27. (They quit shining.)

I was looking around and ran across two triangle type of sights that looked good to me.

1.) SureSight

http://www.suresight.com/

2.) Advantage Tactical

http://www.advantagetactical.com/

3.) XS Big Dots 24/7 with the big front sight:

http://www.xssights.com/store/handgun.html

At this point I sort of favor the SureSight triangle one without the nightsite insert.

Anybody have any experience with the SureSight?

At my age, the eyes don't do good with normal iron sights.

De Oppresso Liber - RLTW

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.- T.E. Lawrence, "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom"

Thanks

Default Re: Triangle Type Pistol Sights

GB, Can't help you with SureSights, but FWIW I have the XS Express 24/7 on my HiPower.
    They are very good for quick target acqusition and alignment and the dot/line configuration is plenty big to pick up.
    I had to learn they ain't target sights but they keep 'em on the paper at ranges <25 yds.
    I'll be curious if anyone else chimes in. Good luck........
    Regards,

Dutch325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

dixierat

The Sure Sights look interesting. Might have to look into a set of them for my XD.

Thanks

1. Look Before You Turn 2. Turn Right to Avoid Collisions 3. Lower Jumper has the Right of Way

Thanks

It would take some getting used to. And if you have different sights on different side arms, you'd have to reacquire your 'reflexes' whenever you made the switch.

I'd either change all the sights on every pistol or I wouldn't change any of them.

I could just imagine practicing all day using those traingular sights then grabbing a different firearm (with regular sights) during a dire situation and shooting high / missing my target.

This is my speculation, anyhow. I've never used anything like the sure sights. So, take it for what it's worth.

~
    1. Look Before You Turn 2. Turn Right to Avoid Collisions 3. Lower Jumper has the Right of Way

Thanks

I agree with Lower Jumper on all points. I have seen the triangle ones before, but I don't think they would work for me.

Might I ask why you don't go for a pair of new Heinies since you're already used to them?
    Got mildot?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shqipe View Post
    I agree with Lower Jumper on all points. I have seen the triangle ones before, but I don't think they would work for me.

Might I ask why you don't go for a pair of new Heinies since you're already used to them?

I didn't care for the fact that the front sight on the Heine sights caused some problems with a few holsters and that the night sights quit shining, etc. They were also hard for me to get a good sight picture rapidly, etc.

Also, the biggest reason for looking at these other type of sights is the inability to use normal sights as your eyes (vision) make it hard to use them. I have to wear glasses for distance. This causes real problems with normal sights.

I don't normally use my Glock 27 for target shooting, so I'm not concerned with long range, etc.

What I need is a sight picture that I can easily pick up rapidly for close range in self defense shooting.

De Oppresso Liber - RLTW

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.- T.E. Lawrence, "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom"

Thanks

Suresight and Advantage Tac both look like good systems for defensive shooting. I'd have to try them both before picking one.

Thanks

Have botht the XS 24/7 Big Dots and the Suresights. The Big Dots are on an H&K USP .40 Smith and the Suresights are on a Sip P228 with the tritium inserts.

Both sight systems take some getting used too. It took me about 500 rounds through each pistol to achieve the proper alignment from the holster, presentation to target, and engagement to target. But, once you've got them mastered, you won't want any other type of sight systems on your pistols.

The XS Big Dots are a bit more troublesome for me. During lighted conditions they are perfect. You've got a big white dot setting up front to marry to the "vertical line" in the rear sight. It's called "Dotting the I" or "Making the ice cream cone" by the XS guy's. After 500 rounds it's get easier and makes more sense. Kinda like just grabbing your arms around the concept. At night or low light when the Tritium is all you see I generally tend to shoot low because the front and rear Tritium do not distuingish thesmevles apart very easily. It takes some practice.

Thanks

I will be going to Meprolight contrasting sights for my Sig P226 in .40. Orange rear green front. I currently have no night sights on my Sig this will probably take a little geting used to because I carry a Glock 22 with green/green night sights while on duty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cco 2/75th RGR
    Cco 3/9th Inf
    Cco 1/24th Inf
    Eco 51st Inf (LRS) (ABN)

if not on the range shooting...hiding in the mancave
    Thanks

My two cents...when it comes to "non-traditional" sights, XS Sights are excellent. I have them on several pistols XDs, 1911s, Hi-Powers, Sigs..they are fast to acquire and accurate. It just takes time to truly learn to use them after that deadly accurrate.

The other wiz bang triangles have way too many moving parts and they are damn big. The triangles can confuse the eye.
    trying to survive our caring politians