Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Going from IRR to Reserves

Thanks

Default Going from IRR to Reserves

Ok so today I had to meet with a reserve recruiter because I got orders saying I had to. So I went and talked to her and I am seriously thinking about going into the reserves as my current MOS 88M. I didn't get a whole lot of information from her as her system was down. So I was hoping to get some more information from you guys. Any information you have on this subject would be helpful....also Nate is thinking about doing the same and his MOS is 25F. Thanks guys.

Thanks

Default Re: Going from IRR to Reserves

If you want to go IRR to Active Reserve voluntarily, all you have to do is fill out a DA 4187 saying so.

No bonuses and and shit for going in...but they did give me a hundred or two a month for every month I served that I would've been in the IRR for.

Your call.

**2006 APO NCAA Bracket Champion
    **2007 APO NFL FFL Champion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CombatBarbie View Post
    Ok so today I had to meet with a reserve recruiter because I got orders saying I had to. So I went and talked to her and I am seriously thinking about going into the reserves as my current MOS 88M. I didn't get a whole lot of information from her as her system was down. So I was hoping to get some more information from you guys. Any information you have on this subject would be helpful....also Nate is thinking about doing the same and his MOS is 25F. Thanks guys.
    Have either of you considered the Nevada National Guard? I'm actually in the process of enlisting as prior service and finally got a date to go take my physical at MEPS on 6/19/08 in Phx. There is a nice 15k enlistment bonus and everything that the Reserves offer as well as benefits go. I can give you the e-mail address of my recruiter if you like.

Thanks

Well I will be getting 10 grand as an affiliation bonus and I won't have to go to MEPS again. And she did tell me about the bennifits so all that sounds good. I just want to know what to expect on drill weekends and the 2 weeks a year drill. The unit that I would be going to is already deployed to Iraq and I would be on rear d with 25 other soldiers so I am wondering how that would be. I will also get my MSO cut in half and 24 month stabilization and If after 6 months I don't like the reserves I can go back into the IRR. But the thing is if I stay in the IRR there is a very good chance of me being Mobilized and I really don't want to have to go through all of that.

Thanks

Well I will be getting 10 grand as an affiliation bonus and I won't have to go to MEPS again. And she did tell me about the bennifits so all that sounds good. I just want to know what to expect on drill weekends and the 2 weeks a year drill. The unit that I would be going to is already deployed to Iraq and I would be on rear d with 25 other soldiers so I am wondering how that would be. I will also get my MSO cut in half and 24 month stabilization and If after 6 months I don't like the reserves I can go back into the IRR. But the thing is if I stay in the IRR there is a very good chance of me being Mobilized and I really don't want to have to go through all of that.
    Well, sounds like a pretty good deal to me. You probably won't take too much shit for being rear d when the boys get home seeing as how you joined while they were gone and have already been.

I will warn you that 88M's have been mobilized as IMA's like mad. I hope you aren't trying to avoid an obligation here. That would be frowned upon.

**2006 APO NCAA Bracket Champion
    **2007 APO NFL FFL Champion

Thanks

CB screw that.

Come over to the Human Terrain System. They have need of women with your experience. You will be in essence a DOD contractor making a great deal more than you were before.

http://humanterrainsystem.army.mil/E...ortunities.htm
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)
    Damn Hillary Clinton to the Abyss.
    I hate posers!

*1992-1996 USMC Cpl
    *12/2005 - present USAR Medic PL/Human Terrain Teams
    "I might not be Airborne however, it says it on my right sleave!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VoTrooper99 View Post
    Well, sounds like a pretty good deal to me. You probably won't take too much shit for being rear d when the boys get home seeing as how you joined while they were gone and have already been.

I will warn you that 88M's have been mobilized as IMA's like mad. I hope you aren't trying to avoid an obligation here. That would be frowned upon.
    Avoid what obligation? I would just be transfering from IRR to Reserve and finishing my MSO with the reserves instead of the IRR. God knows the last thing I want to do is go back to Iraq but the fact that they are offering me stabilazation for 24 months and a reduction in my MSO is something I am willing to do to finish out my 8 year obligation. I would rather do that then sit in the IRR waiting to be mobilized atleast this way If anything were to come up it wouldn't sneak up on me like a mobilization. So please explain to me exactly what you mean by avoiding my obligation. And what the hell is an IMA?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VoTrooper99 View Post

No shes not an IMA. She hasnt been doing any training and is not currently pre assigned to any active unit or component. She is a member of the IRR and has not been assigned to any place or position and has not attended any drills. She is not attempting to avoid ANY OBLIGATIONS. Lets just get that one out of the way........
    militarysignatures.com
    Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. -General George S. Patton, Jr.
    Meine Ehre heißt Treue-My Honor is called Loyalty-Waffen SS Motto

Thanks

See if they still have the try one program. All you do is go for one year if it doesn't work out you go back and finish your IRR. I did this in 2001-2002 I hated the reserves and went back active. some people like the reserves it just turned out to be more of a hassle for me then what it could have been. The IMA is a civilian who pretty much runs the unit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaga View Post
    CB screw that.

Come over to the Human Terrain System. They have need of women with your experience. You will be in essence a DOD contractor making a great deal more than you were before.

http://humanterrainsystem.army.mil/E...ortunities.htm
    CB,

For once pay attention.

Go to the link.

If you have any questions PM me and then contact them about employment.

We have a number of reservists and IRR people working as civilians.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)
    I hate posers!

*1992-1996 USMC Cpl

Thanks

CB,

For once pay attention.

Go to the link.

If you have any questions PM me and then contact them about employment.

We have a number of reservists and IRR people working as civilians.
    Dark I looked at the site and it doesn't look like something I would be interested in, but thanks for the heads up.

Thanks

Anyone else have any useful information for us?

Thanks

Ok but FYI pay if the US is between 70-80k per year. When in country, no taxes, in country bonus etc etc... pay is equivalent to over 160K per year.
    I hate posers!

*1992-1996 USMC Cpl

Thanks

Ok but FYI pay if the US is between 70-80k per year. When in country, no taxes, in country bonus etc etc... pay is equivalent to over 160K per year.
    Yes but they don't have any jobs I qualify for and it also won't help me with fullfilling my MSO. I am not looking to do anything full time. Just the reserves one weekend a month and two weeks a year to finish up my 8 year contract.

Thanks

Yes but they don't have any jobs I qualify for and it also won't help me with fullfilling my MSO. I am not looking to do anything full time. Just the reserves one weekend a month and two weeks a year to finish up my 8 year contract.
    You would still have a chance to get into the program because you worked with Iraqi females.

If you have any language skills that would be a definite plus. Hell, you can even come into the program out of the IRR.

Also remember the reality of the 88M is that they are one of the most needed MOS's down range. If you go into the Reserves with that MOS you had better be ready to be deployed.
    I hate posers!

*1992-1996 USMC Cpl