Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Authorized Boots for wear

Thanks

Default Re: Authorized Boots for wear

Ferrets new drug of choice is one bad ass MP5!

Thanks

I am a self professed boot whore, I have tried them all, and keep coming back to the Danner boots sold at the PX, never tried and converse as think they just don't look right.

Currently testing a pair of the NIKE boots I picked up 3 days ago (in the mail) I like them but they do remind me of the Oakley boots which I did not like because the sole is to flat, even with inserts I felt every bone jarring bump and hole while standing as the gunner in the vehicle, Danners did not have that problem..
    The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 27:1

Thanks

'.........the "Chippewa" winter boot....'
    Ah, good ol' Chips. Great boots. I still have a couple pairs, one that I wear in the Fall and Winter and a brax-new pair all mink-oiled up in the box.

I can't get over ya'll talkin' about Nike and Converse, sounds like the PT Uniform. But WTF do I know - I'm just an FOG. (and feeling older with each post, but I love the retirement checks!!)
    Regards,

Dutch325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Thanks

Late reading this, and laughing my ass off.

My PSG in the 8th Idiot Division was a former 82nd trooper, fresh from Panama, had orders to go to Vincenza but got changed at 21st REPL to come to C 1/39 INF (Baumholder). He was a little "New YoRican" and hell on roadwheels. He hated Mech as much as I did, and had no tolerance for the "let's stay on the tracks" Mech leg mentality. Because of TIG, he was frequently the Acting 1SG when Top was on leave.

One day this jackass stoner PV2 shows up in formation with a pair of Tanker boots on, and Ace (SFC Acevedo) went freaking ballistic.

"You monkey-looking motherfucker, why you got a belt on your boot? You got a extra dick in there? A belt on your boot is the same as having a dick hanging off your girlfriend... UNAUTHORIZED EQUIPMENT!!!"

Last edited by zanshin; 10-15-2009 at 08:24 AM.
    We were the kids who would jump off a bridge if our friends did it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zanshin View Post
    Late reading this, and laughing my ass off.

My PSG in the 8th Idiot Division was a former 82nd trooper, fresh from Panama, had orders to go to Vincenza but got changed at 21st REPL to come to C 1/39 INF (Baumholder). He was a little "New YoRican" and hell on roadwheels. He hated Mech as much as I did, and had no tolerance for the "let's stay on the tracks" Mech leg mentality. Because of TIG, he was frequently the Acting 1SG when Top was on leave.

One day this jackass stoner PV2 shows up in formation with a pair of Tanker boots on, and Ace (SFC Acevedo) went freaking ballistic.

"You monkey-looking motherfucker, why you got a belt on your boot? You got a extra dick in there? A belt on your boot is the same as having a dick hanging off your girlfriend... UNAUTHORIZED EQUIPMENT!!!"

Zanshin - What time period did you know Acevedo? I believe you are talking about my senior drill instructor from basic in 86. Little short guy with master wings? Used to jump up and down when he got mad and call us jugheads. Sound like the same guy?
    11B2P
    B Company, 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
    Member of the original 505th PIR Gavin Squad - 1986

Thanks

That sounds a lot like Sgt Ace -- he got to C 1/39 just before me, that would have been about Sep '83. Had a family with him later so that probably would have meant a 3 year tour, but not necessarily; he might have re-upped for somewhere else. I can't swear to Master wings, but he talked about jump-mastering, I'm sure he'd been in long enough to get them. He said 1/39th INF was his first leg assignment.

He was a colorful character, and while it's been 25 years, I can remember "jughead" being a fairly common troop descriptor coming out of his mouth. He ran 2nd PLT and I was a Sqd Ldr for him, but I had a secondary MOS of 54E; when they f'ed up an BDE inspection, they fired the NBC NCO and put me on it, so I didn't work for him any more.

He re-upped while I was still there; I remember him using the bonus to get one of those all-new Chrysler MiniVans. That was close to when I got medicalled out, Christmas '84, so he might have got to come home to the Benning School for Boys. He was great, so animated it was funny to watch him tear into people.
    Last edited by zanshin; 10-15-2009 at 02:41 PM.
    We were the kids who would jump off a bridge if our friends did it.

Thanks

Ok so heres a question you guys might be able to help me with....the Sqdrn CSM is throwing a fit because we called him out on his PSD being out of uniform and so he turned around and pulled the regulation card on us. We are currently sitting in Afghan and now we are scrambling to find the so called approved boot list...which i found but cant seem to find if theres a diff list for deployed personnel since at RFI they issue the mid ankle boots. Is there such a list that exist and if so can you direct me to it?
    How I miss the 101

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mooninite14 View Post
    Ok so heres a question you guys might be able to help me with....the Sqdrn CSM is throwing a fit because we called him out on his PSD being out of uniform and so he turned around and pulled the regulation card on us. We are currently sitting in Afghan and now we are scrambling to find the so called approved boot list...which i found but cant seem to find if theres a diff list for deployed personnel since at RFI they issue the mid ankle boots. Is there such a list that exist and if so can you direct me to it?
    How I miss the 101
    Not to step on the Staffs toes and if I missed a memo about this I apologize ahead of time.

However, you there high speed need to go post an intro. Hop to it.
    militarysignatures.com
    Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. -General George S. Patton, Jr.
    Meine Ehre heißt Treue-My Honor is called Loyalty-Waffen SS Motto

if not on the range shooting...hiding in the mancave
    Thanks

An intro is needed dude...
    trying to survive our caring politians